Trend Micro Internet Security V2

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by The Hammer, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

2. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

3. wildvirus88

wildvirus88 Registered Member

TrendMicro is horrible as an AV software. I got a malware using my pendrive in the university (uses TrendMicro). The malware is detected by most all other AV companies since march 2008. Happily I use F-Secure in my notebook...
    I sent the sample to TrendMicro have more than 40 hours and no reply or adding to database yet.

Incompetence.

4. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

I am a Trend Micro IS 2009 Pro user and I can tell you that the detection (esp. spyware) isn't all that great.

But I think in the review he has contended that the detection isn't stellar and given 4/5 for it. So accurate I guess...

5. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Still 4/5 is TOO much, considering what scores the top-notch avs got, this score is totally ridiculous. Either he's started getting money by Trend now(considering what he also gets from Symantec and PC Tools) or he's giving full score to anything BUT detection.:thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

6. sasa843

sasa843 Registered Member

Ou God...tiagozt continue to use F-Secure and be happy but statements like You wrote above doesn't make any sense...I mean You can say that You don't like some antivirus program but to state that some antivirus is horrible:thumbd:...I will ask You again for some time when You find out that Your F-Secure doesn't detect some virus while for example Avast detects it:rolleyes:

7. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Lol happily flame elsewhere. ;)

Trend is making improvements. tho I don't personally Agree with the rating of PC mag gives it. (maybe parental controls works LOL) it is nice to see all AV's start trying to compete rather then rely on there name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.