Trend Micro 2012

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by marciocruz, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Gotta love text. No wait, text sucks! D: :D

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Good :thumb: :D

3. malexous

malexous Registered Member

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  4. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning ! Malexous...proceed with Caution. Read my posting...I tried too upgrade and was told I could not. By the way perhaps Marciocruz can provide me with a suitable answer in regards to Trend Micro's upgrade policies. Is Marciocruz an actual employee at Trend Micro ? Now as stated Digital River is Trend's Billing and processing vendor...and are their CSR's updated in regards to Trend's policies regarding upgrades ? If Marciocruz can provide clarity regarding this issue it would be of benefit, for all concerned. Sincerely...Securon

5. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Trend micro 2012 browser plugins also seem to be incompatible with firefox 6?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      129.8 KB
      Views:
  6. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Yep, according to Marciocruz post #107 the upgrade should be free with a valid license. I thought Panda was the only one putting people through the upgrade grinder...:blink: :eek: :cool:

7. Securon

Good Afternoon ! Mongol I'd like to think that there was a miscommunication involved...but my gut feeling is telling me otherwise. On the 21st I purchased Titanium 2011 Security,at 50% off. On the 22nd Trend introduces the 2012 product. My main point is the CSR should of stated that the upgrade was automatic. But no if you can sell a product at $69.95 then you've done Trend a favour, while doing a former customer a great disfavour. The old term is a Sucker is born every minute applies. But I've never fallen into that category. That's why I encourage anyone purchasing with Trend to ask the appropriate questions. The only way I'll consider dealing with Trend in the future,is if someone from Trend can find a fitting solution for my disfavour. Sincerely...Securon

8. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I really hope you and others here can get the answer needed. I have been in this boat myself with a few vendors. Have you tried PM'ing Marciocruz..?

9. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

@Securon
    Are you saying that your Titanium 2011 serial does not work on Titanium 2012? You can PM me for Trend Micro issues as well, I've good access at Trend Micro support.

10. Securon

Good Afternoon ! Thanks Mongol and Sputnik for your interest and support.I've PM'D Marciocruz and will inform you of any updates too the situation. Sincerely...Securon

11. marciocruz

marciocruz Registered Member

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  12. Securon

Good Evening ! Kudos to Marciocruz for his exemplary customer first attitude,in working with me to solve my dilemma. At the moment i've decided to use a competitors product, but will definitely use Trend Micro for future use. Once again sincerest thanks to Marciocruz,we're all in capable hands. Sincerely...Securon

13. zerotox

zerotox Registered Member

Has anyone tried the AV or the Internet Security 2012 version on an old PC (laptop) with 512 RAM and P4 1.8 GHZ. Will it run tolerably?

14. zerotox

zerotox Registered Member

Hello guys,

I'm trying out Trend Micro Maximum Security 2012 on my Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit, no other security beside it and my pings went sky-high, from average 25 ms to over 240 ms. On disabling the web filter everything's back to normal but when I switch it on again, the lag is back. Otherwise the browsing doesn't feel slowed down, so I'm wondering - is there anything I can do to improve the pings. Anyone that has had the same experience?

15. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

You can get Trend Micro Internet Security free valid until 2015.

In order to get it you have to go to this link:

http://edu.trendmicro.fr/

Insert your email address and type enter (do not click with the mouse)

After a few minutes you will receive an email with the activation code and the download links

Enjoy!

16. trjam

trjam Registered Member

says offer not valid.

17. lodore

lodore Registered Member

did you click button with mouse? I did first time and it said offer not valid.
    when I typed in email and pressed enter with keyboard it worked and sent me an email.

18. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Yep,it worked just like you said.The license works only with the exe's from the received email?

19. trjam

trjam Registered Member

nope Lodore, typed it in and still says not valid. Could be from overuse of my email address. Lol

Thank you anyway, but it looks like Ikarus may be staying awhile.

Tick-tick-tick

20. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Looks like its only suppose to be for the education department according to the email I got.

21. marciocruz

marciocruz Registered Member

Hi,

please check this link:

h**p://www.trendmicro.eu/brother/EN/GBP/

Hope you Enjoy.

22. Atul88

Atul88 Registered Member

Their firewall passed PC Flank test on win7!!!
    Though startup is a issue...It take much longer to start!!

23. fastriver

fastriver Registered Member

Atul88, what Trend Micro version do you use? Their firewall in 2010 version passed PC Flank tests, not 2012 version. I couldn't customize windows firewall with TIS 2012 installed, coreServiceSell allows all the program to go out. Could anyone please tell correct rules?

24. Atul88

Atul88 Registered Member

Oops.. i mean to say with FIREWALL BOOSTER.
    For other things you mentioned, They are indeed issues.
    I wonder why any Internet security softwares won't put those important options!!!BTW I have installed it on customer's computer and using 2011 version!!!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  25. fastriver

fastriver Registered Member

I wonder if this is Trend Micro or WF's issue and if there is any solution of this. By the way, Avast has the same problem with its web shiled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.