Trend Micro 2012

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by marciocruz, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Very beautiful GUI :)

Average malware detection rate :doubt:

2. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Any security software whose GUI is predominantly red in color will provide inferior protection. That is a scientific fact. :shifty:

3. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

I am wondering if anyone have observed it or not. Trend Titanium downloads program update in every 2-3 hours. This is quite unlikely of other cloud based applications. I am using the stable build, not beta.

4. clayieee

clayieee Registered Member

is this light and fast? should i try it? my ram is 2gb is that enough?

5. marciocruz

marciocruz Registered Member

don't have to be red...you can choose your color :)

Attached Files:

• dark.png
      dark.png
      File size:
      156.3 KB
      Views:
  6. marciocruz

yes,you can try,is very light and fast, 2gb is enough!

7. marciocruz

that is,the offline database, if you disconect the internet you still be protected.like panda cloud does.

8. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

If I am right, Panda doesn't download offline database rather it have a cache that won't work if you disconnect the internet for long. So trend is not totally cloud based...:rolleyes:

9. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Panda does download a limited database of the latest signatures for offline protection.

10. m0unds

m0unds Guest

...i'd think that it's a good thing that they provide offline db updates in the event you lose internet connectivity, since the internet isn't the only vector for infections...

11. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Curiosity got hold of me and I decided to give this a try. So far I have to say it is impressive. Light on resources and easy to work with. I really like the windows firewall addition...:D

12. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

I agree with you...:)

13. pbust

pbust AV Expert

This is incorrect. Panda Cloud Antivirus does download a cache for protection while offline.

14. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Thanks. Is that the full database or contains some important sigs?

15. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

It is a ‘moving target’ of what the community ‘sees’ out there circulating in the wild.

16. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Sadly it would first halt on the tray-icon that "the product has yet to be activated", and after the reboot it would work okay, but then you have to take into count that it takes MUCH longer to come into Windows (I run 7), and the impact on the performance is very noticeable. :doubt:

17. marciocruz

are you with 2011 version or 2012?

18. marciocruz

NEW BUILD: Titanium Maximum Security 5.0 EB 2

Every year we at Trend Micro strive to improve on the success of our previous product offerings. As you may be aware, Titanium 2011 security products were rated #1 by independent test labs for protection against online threats.*

It’s going to be difficult to top last year’s achievement, especially as cybercriminals and hackers become more aggressive and successful in attacking. However, we love a challenge. We’re confident in our ability to stay atop the industry and a step or two ahead of the “bad guys” to keep our customers secure. But we can’t do it alone...

Join Our Beta Testing Posse

This is where you come in. Join our posse of beta testers to help us fine tune our 2012 products, so that Trend Micro Titanium can continue to be strong, fast, easy-to-use protection. And if you completed our beta test script, you’ll be qualified for our incentive program and get a chance to WIN exciting prizes such as iPod Shuffle, iPod Nano, portable hard disk drives, and many more.

*NSS Labs Report "Consumer Anti-Malware Products Group Test Report," September 2010. www.nsslabs.com.

General Information Key Features

Strong, fast, and easy-to-use protection

- Trend Micro™ Titanium™ Maximum Security uses cloud technology to automatically stop viruses and spywarebefore they reach your computer, so it won’t slow you down. It’s a whole new way to protect you, your family, and your PC from Internet threats. It features:

· Antivirus
    · Antispyware
    · Anti-phishing
    · Web threat protection
    · Antispam
    · Data theft protection
    · Parental controls
    · System tuner
    · Social networking security (Facebook, Twitter & more)
    · Mobile protection (Android, iOS, Symbian & Windows)
    · Secure erase/e-file shredder
    · Remote file lock
    · 10 GB of secure online storage with sync & sharing

System Requirements Before starting the test, make sure that your computer meets these requirements:

1. Windows XP x86 Family (with SP 3)

a. Memory: 256 MB

b. Processor Speed: 350MHz

c. Disk Space Available: 500 MB

2. Windows Vista Family

a. Memory: 512 MB

b. Processor Speed: 800MHz

3. Windows 7 Home/Premium/Starter

a. Memory: 1 GB

b. Processor Speed: 1GHz

19. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

I thought that by now Trend would have graduated from their lineup of Gold, Diamond, Platinum, Titanium to

"Un-Obtainium"

The funny thing about Trend is that I won't try their products for one silly reason.. Their CEO..."Eva Chen". Whenever I hear her talk, you get the impression that she is completely clueless. She brings ZERO credibility to their company.

20. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

A lot of the Talking Heads at the top of companies are like that though, so it's not necessarily indicative of the product.

21. m0unds

m0unds Guest

that's been my experience with CEOs in nearly every big organization i've ever worked. as far as not using products because of the CEO...bob parsons (ceo of godaddy) is part of why i will never use a godaddy product or service. so i wouldn't consider it too "silly".

one question though, why did you "quote" her name?

22. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

Oh I am fully aware that the CEOs are mostly talking heads but in most cases thats the only thing they are do and hence are pretty good at it. Very articulate. Eva is one of those where after her first sentence you want to change the channel.

No reason for the quotes, my bad.

23. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

The other reason that I hate Trend is that they are trying to pull a fast-one on the industry as a whole by pulling some under-handed tactics with well-known labs like NSS.

Guess what, they have someone managed to convince NSS (which I respect(ed)) that ALL malware is distributed by HTTP, which is COMPLETELY NOT TRUE as we all know. Not "most" but "all" and thats all that NSS tests!!!And mysteriously (coincidentally :)) Trend's URL Blocking has dramatically improved :) Who is sleeping with whom.

This is the first time I am aware that a well-known testing lab has taken such a position that has no technical merits while clearly recommending Trend at the same time.

24. Kendo

Kendo Registered Member

Does Trend Micro still use false positives to cover for their lack of homework?

25. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

Nope, now they use NSS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.