Trend 2015 arrives tonight. Take a look.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mayahana, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

It looks like it is easy to opt out of the auto renewal in 12 months if you want.

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i HATE auto renewals. a lot of times the normal consumer has no idea they sign up for these things. i help people opt of of them ALL the time. do you have to wait that long or can you opt out right after buying it? this is another reason why i always only buy boxed copies or from places other then the company directly.

i have come to really like trend and as i have said before if it had some more advanced options i would probably use it myself. i am testing it now on a handful of clients systems (i provide them with the free lic's for the feedback and for me to be able to stop by and check the system etc) to see if this will be one i bring in to my shop.

3. 142395

142395 Guest

Yes, AV+ has Firewall Tuner.
    But it's actually IPS which blocks exploit or communication with botnet.
    Windows FW is actually almost completed as a FW, if people say it's not then probably he just don't know what FW(SPI) is or can't distinguish FW from HIPS.
    But I admit WFW is never user friendly.

I wonder though, why Trend made FWT off by default as IPS is a important security layer.
    This even caused Trend didn't got impressive score in some exploit tests.

100% agree!

4. zfactor

agreed on the windows firewall. it not at all a bad one its just not at all user friendly. for the advanced user of experienced firewall user its fine but when you have a novice they much normally prefer a simple app based either allow or deny type of firewall. even for myself and having experience, when im testing or trying out products even i would just rather be able to quickly block something then mess with wfw.

5. snippits

snippits Registered Member

After using the 2014 version of antivirus+ on three computers for a year, I am now using the 2015 antivirus+ trial on my personal computer. The 2014 version did let some adware get installed on two computers, but it was nothing major. If adware changes browser settings, I personally consider it malicious, and that's exactly what happened on two of the three computers that were being protected with the 2014 version. Those users are click happy too, but my machine was not compromised.

The GUI has been wonderfully done. The 2015 version does feel lighter than the 2014 version, and that's saying a lot because I did consider the 2014 version on the heavy side. Will probably end up buying it again for the second year in a row for my personal computer. Just hoping pua and pup detection have been improved.

6. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

I love the 2015 version, but something seems to have changed in the tuner from the 2014 version. It looks like only IE is being cleaned. It doesn't look like anything is happening with Firefox and Chrome. Is this correct, or should there be some cleaning of files on these as well?

7. Jeteroll

Jeteroll Registered Member

I am seriously disappointed that in AV+C there are a bunch of nag screens on the home menu if you click on any of the advanced features like parental controls that want you to upgrade the product. I absolutely cannot stand products that nag you to upgrade to bloat.

8. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

I always liked these words.

9. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

You are missing the point. Power users such as myself, want to be prompted when a threat is found. As I've posted before, why not handle threats automatically by default, but have the option to make it prompt. That way for the average user, threats will be handled without prompting, but power users can go into options and change how threats are handled.

As I've stated here many times before, I will not use any antivirus that does not have the option to prompt for action when a threat is found. If for some strange reason, one day all antiviruses do not have the option to prompt when a threat is found, I will glady remain antivirus free. I know you can restore items from quarantine, but for me, I want nothing to be put into quarantine without my approval first.

10. darts

darts Registered Member

are there any good deals or 90 days trial too test the 2015 version?

11. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

It will never happen with Trend, and more companies are moving to this logic path. There isn't anything else I can say other than it's simply not going to change. That's official, from the Trend chain of command.

12. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

I will push a ticket through on this. 2015 (IMO) needed another 1-2 months in Beta, there are bugs being addressed right now, and this is probably one of them.

13. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

I must admit 2014 and prior versions were pretty lousy for Greyware detections, and it wasn't uncommon to find Trend systems loaded up with Greyware in some cases.. I would recommend you default 'clicker' owned systems to Hypersensitive ok? This should keep most, if not all of the greyware off of these machines. Trend is starting to get more aggressive toward greyware given MBAM's ability to do it without being sued to oblivion. Even Norton is slowly altering their logic with Greyware. Hypersensitive undocumented feature is greyware prevention. <snicker> On Hypersensitive you should be unable to infect a machine, this has been indicated in some recent tests (AVC, and Youtube), but you want to turn hypersensitive on in my opinion to default to that, rather then waiting for the switch to happen when it detects a potentially compromised system. One youtube tester tried to run an entire directory of 200 malware, and Trend blocked them all - but that was because it had switched into Hypersensitive during his testing process when Trend determined the situation was high risk.. 2015 also uses aspects of the enterprise DS. So you will find 80-85%+ protection at the port (80/443) level, and that includes greyware. So 2015 is generally an 80-85% effective product before something even hits your machine, go ahead and test it out on Malware links if you want. PCMag listed Trend 2015 as the best Port 80/443 detection product in the world.

System impact wise you shouldn't see a change in the overall feel of the system with Hyper, but you will see more ram usage due to the hyper-engine now running, and some additional heuristics/signatures. Still not an issue for the majority of people. False positives should still be very low (<1%)

14. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

That's an unfortunate move from AV vendors in my opinion, as it increases the amount of antivirus software that I simply will never use. I'm not going to go on about this, as I certainly do understand that Trend aren't going to change their mind on this.

15. zfactor

agreed just a dumb move by them (and other who move this way)

16. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

17. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Congrats TrendMicro!

I hope they retain their efficiency for at least three months in a row. No pun intended.

18. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

The last AVC scored Trend the highest as well, and that test was using 2015. Trend's Fingerprinting system will only improve it's scores, and reduce FP's.

You have dozens of millions of dollars of enterprise power behind the Trend consumer version now, leveraging the Deep Security architecture. With ASUS shipping with Trend on all computers/laptops, and in their routers the DS reaction time, and databases are growing exponentially.

19. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I just tried the 2015 version. A lot of my concerns have been corrected. However, the program still takes too long to initialize.
    Some questions:
    Will the full scan run faster after the first time? Is there some kind of optimization done for the full scan?
    What happened to the user forums?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  20. magictoaster

magictoaster Registered Member

Really pleased with Internet Security so far. There are really good discounts available and you can merge licenses to cover multiple years (confirmed by support).

Update: It turns out that merging 2 licenses is more involved that what I was originally told. They need to merge one license (and disable it) to one that as already been activated. After that, it should take between 24-48 hours for changes to appear in the Trend Micro Account. It took a few minutes of talk with support to get this done. But at 24,95$CAD it was too good an offer to let this pass...

Here is the link to the offer: http://store.trendmicro.com/store/t...CAD&kpid=PLA_Trend_Micro_Internet_Security_CA

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  21. magictoaster

magictoaster Registered Member

Everything was done properly and I can now see the 731 days remaining in my account!

22. Austerity

Austerity Registered Member

Epic

23. Austerity

24. Houley456

Houley456 Registered Member

I have an unused 2013 2year license....will it work on the 2015 program?

25. Austerity

No, you'll just have it email it to me for disposal :D

Anywho, this was discussed earlier in this thread, I believe it will. Doesn't hurt to try.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.