tracking cookies

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by unregd, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unregd

unregd Guest

I have a prog WinPatrol that deletes cookies from hard drive on arrival but does not clean the temp int file. After disconnecting from the internet I delete cookies in the temp int file. So why does Adaware sometimes pick up tracking cookies in the cache why are they not deleted when I delete all cookies and is there anyway to delete them on arrival
    Regards

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

3. AvianFlux

AvianFlux Registered Member

Best cookies solution I've found is to block all cookies, manually Allow site cookies you wish to keep in Internet Options, Privacy, Sites section, and use a cleaner to delete TIFF folders.

CleanUp!

4. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Very nice app that one....

5. AvianFlux

Yes, what seperates it from some other cleaners is the option to wipe/erase the files rather than just delete them.

6. unregd

unregd Guest

Thanks guys. I still do not understand why when I delete all cookies AdAware can find tracking cookies. Are they stored differently or in a different location? What is the difference between a tracking cookie and 'ordinary' cookie?
    Best
    Unregd

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Other than what is mentioned above is there any benefit to having this app along with CCleaner?

I'm thinking CCleaner already does a fairly good job cleaning my system and i wouldn't want to download something else that basically is going to do the same thing.

snowbound

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

9. AvianFlux

Not that I'm aware of. I prefer CleanUp! for its basic simplicity more than anything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.