Total Uninstall - Registration

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ErikAlbert, May 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Today, 2006.05.13, I bought "Total Uninstall v3.61" (TU)

I didn't like the "registration name" in the register window of TU. That's unnecessary IMO.
    The field itself wasn't the problem. I couldn't choose my registration name, it has to be a specific name and that's what I didn't like.

But what bothered me the most is that TU uses the letter "O" and the digit "0" in its registration key, like for instance : "O004".
    I know all about O's and 0's, but I would never combine both in a registration key. That is asking for trouble. Some font types hardly show the difference between both.

In Belgium, at work we mark the letter O with a slash when we combine it with the digit 0 in order to see the difference between both.
    Americans do it the other way around, they mark the digit 0 with a slash. :D

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

In Portugal is like this...

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

That really surprises me. After all Portugal IS Europe. I thought most countries in Europe did it like in Belgium. Well, it doesn't matter LOL.

I just didn't like the mixture of O's and 0's in registration keys. It's the very first time, I noticed this.

Let's hope that "Total Uninstall" does a much better job than "Add/Remove Programs" of winXPproSP2 and most probably winVISTA.

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

:D

Maybe that is a new thing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.