Total Uninstall - Registration

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ErikAlbert, May 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Today, 2006.05.13, I bought "Total Uninstall v3.61" (TU)

I didn't like the "registration name" in the register window of TU. That's unnecessary IMO.
    The field itself wasn't the problem. I couldn't choose my registration name, it has to be a specific name and that's what I didn't like.

But what bothered me the most is that TU uses the letter "O" and the digit "0" in its registration key, like for instance : "O004".
    I know all about O's and 0's, but I would never combine both in a registration key. That is asking for trouble. Some font types hardly show the difference between both.

In Belgium, at work we mark the letter O with a slash when we combine it with the digit 0 in order to see the difference between both.
    Americans do it the other way around, they mark the digit 0 with a slash. :D

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

In Portugal is like this...

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

That really surprises me. After all Portugal IS Europe. I thought most countries in Europe did it like in Belgium. Well, it doesn't matter LOL.

I just didn't like the mixture of O's and 0's in registration keys. It's the very first time, I noticed this.

Let's hope that "Total Uninstall" does a much better job than "Add/Remove Programs" of winXPproSP2 and most probably winVISTA.

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

:D

Maybe that is a new thing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.