Total Command Line Failure

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Rico, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

No matter who's command line I copy & paste NOD objects! I've tried several.

Thanks & Take Care
    Rico

Attached Files:

• nod.png
      nod.png
      File size:
      37.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, you are not copying and pasting mine, as there are missing "spaces". Make a direct copy and paste and it will work.

C:\ /adware /ah /all /antistealth+ /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /ntfs+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /unwanted /wrap+

Cheers :D

3. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Blackspear

C:\ /adware /ah /all /antistealth+ /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /ntfs+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /unwanted /wrap+

I'll now paste it in NOD

The above is now pasted into NOD. Stby

Thanks & Take Care
    Rico

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  4. Blackspear

You are welcome.

Let us know how you go...

5. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hello Blackspear,

Directly copying & pasting your command line into NOD32, resulted in the following today. My ISP was down & I had just rebooted, then NOD started its normal Thursday scan. See pic:

Take Care
    Rico

Attached Files:

6. GhostMan

GhostMan Eset Staff Account

Hi

Maybe my eyes lies to me, but I cannot see those spaces between parameters...:).

Regards.

7. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Jozef,

Your eyes are fine, something happens when I paste anyones line in. There all perfect fo awhile then the error msg. & everyone points out the same thing. The only thing I can think of, is NOD was not full screen when I pasted. Hmm! Why should that matter?

Thanks & Take Care
    Rico

8. Blackspear

Try manually placing in the spaces.

Edit: It has just been suggested that you copy and paste into Notepad and then copy and paste from there to the Control Centre.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  9. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Blackspear,

Thank You! I'll give it a try & see if this cures my command line woes.

Take Care
    Rico

10. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

After copying BlackSpears commabd line I pasted it into Notepad, then copied from Notepad & pasted into NOD32, the next reboot NOD32 launched & scanned all was well.

Today Thursday 5pm NOD32 starts (scheduled scan) 3 incidents of NOD32 were running or scanning, I minmized 3 NOD32's & then closed two NOD32's & le ththe 3rd complete the scan. Where the following command line errors appeared. The line goes into NOD correctly, come Thursday NOD mangles the line.

Take Care
    Rico

Attached Files:

11. Blackspear

I would try downloading a FRESH copy of NOD32, uninstall your current version, reboot, delete the ESET folder from C Drive> Program Files and then reinstall the fresh copy of NOD32.

12. lordbrit

lordbrit Registered Member

Hi all can someone help me with the string??

I really missed the boat on all the conversations on this topic. I just became a forum member like 2 mins ago..

Ok here is my problem:

exactly what do I need to push to load this string??

Right now I've no clue. I'm new to nod so I'm not sure how it works. I use to use Peter Norton's stuff. I've had lots of problems with resources and the works. A friend recommended nod so here I be. I've formatted and started over clean...Help me please.

What I'm looking for is step-by-step mode please. Its a new program that I'm doing a lot of reading on. It seems to be great and spywarrior seems to like it too.

thanks in advance for your help on this matter..

lordbrit

13. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Well , you can use the default configuration of NOD32 .

If you want to perform full scan of your system with the default configuration , open Control Center -> In-depth analysis

About the scheduled scan , you have two options - a silent one which will run the background and a visible one . Of course , a scheduled scan is not a must , you can manually run such scan when you want.

To do a silent scan:
    Open Control Center -> NOD32 System tools -> Scheduler/Planner
    Click Add button . As a task choose "NOD32 on-demand scanning" and follow the instructions to choose the date/type . At the end if you use default configuration choose the profile of Control Center-In depth analysis .

To do a visible scan , which will run NOD32.exe
    Open Control Center -> NOD32 System tools -> Scheduler/Planner
    Click Add button . As a task , choose Execution of an external application . Find NOD32 on-demand's scanner path and the file (C:\Program files\ESET\nod32.exe) and as a commands you can paste these:

Code:
    /local /adware /ah /all /antistealth+ /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /ntfs+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /unwanted /wrap+
    Enjoy! :)

14. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Regarding 'Command Line Failure', I followed BlackSpears advise & did the following:

download fresh NOD32 > *close NOD fron sys tray > uninstall > reboot > delete c:\program files\eset > *run ccleaner > *run RegSeeker > reboot > install NOD32

* Steps added not in BS's advise.

Install > extract files default > install screens chose proxy 'I don't know', threatsense 'ticked', chose typical install > reboot > manual BS extra settings or config.

At the command line step, I copied from 'Notepad' the following

and pasted into NOD. Note this command line was perviously copied, from this thread, then pasted into Notepad.

Should this fail, how crippled is NOD, because of the commad line fail? Crippled is perhaps too strong a word, but hopefully you understand my meaning.

Take Care
    Rico

15. Blackspear

It's not at all, just means that you can not run a commandline scan, and this I have never come across before.

If it was mine, I'd be placing a image back on or formatting the system and starting again, this times Windows only, then NOD32 and keep it that way for a few days until you are satisfied that NOD32 works correctly, then image the drive, and keep adding programs (imaging between) until you find the culprit that caused all this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.