Toshiba Portable USB Drive Inconsistency

Discussion in 'hardware' started by huntnyc, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

I would appreciate ny help on this. I bought 2 Toshiba 250 GB portable self contained USB 2.0 drives. Using them on two different laptops formatted in NTFS with ShadowProtect Desktop 3.1. Laptops are Gateway m680 and HP dv8000t both running Win XP Pro SP2. performance on the HP is gret and fst but on the Gateway which has run fast in times past performance is half of the HP when imaging from within Windows. From Recovery CD though it is very fast. Wonder why the difference here.

Thought about installing another imaging program I have to see if the difference has to do with SP. Does that sound like a good place to start nd thanks.

Gary

2. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Just wanted to report I solved my problem with SP 3.1 on my Gateway laptop nd the Toshiba USB drive. I uninstalled Notebook Hardware Control nd problem gone - speedy as ever backing up in Windows. Just in case that might help someone else down the road.

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.