Tor limitations

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by moreorless, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moreorless

moreorless Registered Member

Hello, maybe this has already been covered here but I can't find any words containing only 3 letters on your database .

I'm new to tor [& privoxy] but already I've noticed a couple of websites that recognise I am using tor and deny me access because of that fact, is there something else I can add to get round this or another software similar to and generally effective as tor that doesn't get blocked ? [nothing too tricky to set up please]

thanks

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. moreorless

moreorless Registered Member

O'k thanks I see jap appear a few times which I could try

But to get specific to tor I don't see any mention here of sites like wikipedia
    + others deliberately blocking tor nodes and how to get around that using tor.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I'm not sure you can get around that moreorless.

5. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

If you are using Proxomitron (with Grypen's filterset) then there is a CSS Toolbar which includes options (Change View/Proxy...) that allow you to view sites blocking Tor by adding a further proxy (Anonymizer, Babelfish or Google). However I doubt you'll be able to actually post data to such sites - I've not been able to do this with DNSStuff which is one of the more "proactive" blockers of Tor nodes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.