TOR and Facebook

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Izzle, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Izzle

Izzle Registered Member

I use FB to gather intelligence on fraudsters.

FB is doing a pretty good job of flagging new accounts. While I am able to get around the PVA issue, I cannot get past a re-verification from FB, which I am assuming is triggered by a new account and then FB seeing multiple IP addresses (TOR). I can create an account and get past the PVA, but if FB sends out a re-verification, I’m dead.

Thanks to this forum I found the TOR ExitNode country trick which is handy since I like to read and use FB in English! But the trick does not get around the multiple IP address issue.

FB also flags IP addresses where multiple FB accounts are registered; in that instance, FB requires a phone number (PVA, and not a prepaid number) for any new account. So the use of a VPN with rotating IP addresses will not work either.

Is there any way to force TOR to repeatedly use the same IP address?

Or do you think FB is doing more than flagging IP addresses?

And finally, is there any other workaround?

Anonymity is not my primary concern, but getting around the IP address flagging is.

Thanks in advance

2. CasperFace

CasperFace Registered Member

That's easy. Just edit your Tor config file accordingly:
    Code:
    ExitNodes [name or IP address of specific exit node]
    StrictNodes 1
    Sure. You could try ordinary HTTP Proxies (preferably newly-discovered ones that aren't yet known by the FB system)... or just use a non-mainstream VPN -- i.e., one with a relatively small client-to-server ratio.

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Folks,

Here's the deal - this site is not about circumventing protective measures used by others. If your pursuit has objective benefit and merit, I'm sure you'll be able to work with a service provider and within the constraints of any Terms of Service to accomplish what needs to be done.

That said - thread closed.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.