TMKSOFT - 'tmksrvl.exe' HEEELLLPPPP!!!!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Jem, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jem

Jem Registered Member

:mad: :'( My God - has anyone else had this dammed file on their machineo_O?!!!! I have a file called tmksrvl.exe (also DID have 2 other files in Sys 32 folder called tmksrvlu.exe and tmksrvli.exe AND a Prefetch file). This file 'sneaks in' when you visit ummm...certain security sites for example. It then tries to 'phone home' (only my firewall nabbed it) It puts all kind of entries in the Registry and I beleive a DLL (not sure about that).

I can't get rid of it properly and Spybot / Spyware Blaster / Spyware Guard WILL NOT EVEN FIND IT, let alone get rid of it! - Yes, my definitions / signatures are all up to date. I know this is not a virus, or at least it scans clean BUT I did notice that the Ad Aware reference file advertised on the web includes an update for TMKSoft, so I'm going to be running Ad Aware (just downloaded) any minute now to see if it helps.

But what is this thing and does anyone know how to add a signature for it to SpyWare Blaster?? And....why is the sig for it not there already??

Please help...Thanks, Jez

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Jem,

If I'm not mistaking that is a dialer. AdAware should get rid of it for you, but if you need any help, post back.

Regards,

Pieter

3. no1Huey

no1Huey Registered Member

I was wondering if SpyBot has this problem??Half-way through Search & Destroy it freezes. I can't close it out either. I have to shut the system down manually. If I restart it , it just sits there. If I click on "shut down" it stil sits there. Please help. Huey

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.