Tips on Setup?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by firzen771, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

well ive been testing a few products and would like to know what the "experts" here think about it and how it may need improving or any overlap?

im currently using:

- Avira Antivir Premium
    - PC Tools Firewall v5 Beta with ESV enabled
    - Mamutu

2. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I don't know what the third program is, but it looks like a solid setup. May want to run SAS and/or MBAM on demand.

What is ESV?

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

the 3rd program is a behavior blocker, ESV stands for enhanced security verification (HIPS feature of the firewall) and i do run those on demand, im just looking at my real-time setup right now.

4. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I guess I should have paid attention to your sig. LOL

5. dmenace

dmenace Registered Member

A solid setup but as always you need a regular backup software like Cobian Backup or some sort of FD-ISR / Rollback App when things go wrong.

Note: Strongly Do not recommend RollbackRx Though!

6. Rivalen

Rivalen Registered Member

I am not the right one to give tips, but with my setup below - and being a relatively safe surfer - I once a year run Ewido malware scanner and usually get 4 or 5 cookies in the report and the Kaspersky on line scanner hasnt found anything since I changed from free AVG to Free Antvir and installed DefenseWall back in beta days 2005-2006.

Under advanced in ThreatFire I have all boxes ticked which means I have a certain outbound control and enhanced protection, but I am still concidering to change the WinFW against OA free FW since Ive heard it doesnt slow down much.

For what its worth.

Best Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.