TinyWall Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ultim, Oct 12, 2011.

1. tonino

tonino Registered Member

First! Calm down!

Its weird that you are so astonished! Are u kiddin' me?!
    Its normal that I'm expecting to read something from the dev. for a tool that have to be updated and with a lot of issues!
    If this not happen from a lot of time what is the reason for a thread to remain open?
    I was trying to make my point clear! It seems simple to me and i don't understand why is so complicated to you!

That's my point of view... and i show some arguments, but i don't see yours!!
    An advise!
    If u make some valuable points and don't freak out with frustrating comments the thread will not be closed!

Or if you don't like something just don't readddd!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  2. imuade

imuade Registered Member

Please give some example of issues

3. tonino

tonino Registered Member

read the earliest posts... or other threads!

4. imuade

imuade Registered Member

I did and I couldn't find any bug reported.
    Only this, to which I replied, but I didn't get any answer.
    If you and CHEFKOCH are just trolling, I think administrators can take care of you both

5. boredog

boredog Registered Member

This was the last update on a new version. April 2nd. 2017

6. tonino

tonino Registered Member

trolling what!! Are you normal? what's your problem?
    If you don't have any issue with tw, lucky you!
    Take your time and read all posts, there are people not lucky as you... and search other threads too!

i suggest to read and think before talking!
    i don't think administrators or any one needs your suggestion! So... step back and... think, after this quiete...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  7. imuade

imuade Registered Member

Since you are smarter than everybody else here, just post the evidence of the issues

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

WHOA. Time out folks. All the personal comments will cease immediately.!!!

9. tonino

tonino Registered Member

1. errors with windows mail
    2. Have to restart the service after reboot...

Sure if i reinstall it i will find many other issues due to some conflicts with w10

P.s. Its not a question of being smarter, but have some value arguments!
    Not only tell the other what to do, or do not do!

10. imuade

imuade Registered Member

Probably windows mail uses several processes, so you should allow all of them on tinywall. I don't use windows mail, so I can't help

Never happened to me, maybe something was corrupted. It could be worth trying to re-install it

11. boredog

You can whitelist by exe, process or window. Noting should be broken if it is whitelisted.

12. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

As TinyWall is not just a GUI for Windows firewall, but attempts to protect it's own rules against the change in WF, it is of course possible that some compatibility issues with other (security) software can arise.

In my setup, which is TinyWall and AppGuard and MS antivirus and some VPN software, TinyWall has proven rock solid in W10.

I can't understand how some people come here and tell what to this thread should be done or expecting software be made open source or that they complain if the developer has refused serve them personally. Best just use TW if liking it and if not stop bothering with negative comments, unless they are about some technical details that are not working. And try find a solution and if not finding reporting it. About Windows mail, I don't use it or any such apps.

13. Beyonder

Beyonder Registered Member

When I try to enter the TinyWall website with Chrome I get an error saying the connection isn't private.

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Is TinyWall abandonware? What's happened?

14. imuade

imuade Registered Member

The certificate has expired, that's why you get the warning. You can visit the http website (instead of the https): http://tinywall.pados.hu/

15. guest

guest Guest

16. Circuit

Circuit Registered Member

Never refuse to serve me personally, but when he posts there will be a big update:

"I'm slowly hacking away at the new major version...

Meanwhile, TinyWall's website has been migrated to a more powerful server, but it has been brought to my attention that at the same time I broke automatic updates. This has been corrected and updates are working again. Though there is no new program version ATM, but the same functionality was used to keep the hosts file up-to-date, so this is still important that it is now repaired.

And nothing heard.

It is a pretty good product. Be nice to hear from him at least once a month to let us know the progress.

Your are hell bent on shutting down this thread, that's weird.

17. Beyonder

Beyonder Registered Member

Uh... I think I'll wait for the certificate to be renewed. If the site owner can't even be bothered updating a certificate then I'm better off using something else. Thanks anyway though.

18. guest

guest Guest

The certificate is valid until August 2018, but Chrome distrusts StartCom-certificates.
    Browser Palemoon and Firefox are working fine with https:
    Palemoon_website_Tinywall.png
    Firefox_website_Tinywall.png

19. boredog

I though the Dev said he was putting it on hold because of school. Also has anyone tried to e-mail him to see what is going on.

20. Makora

Makora Registered Member

I don't understand the beef against this firewall and this person wanting to close down this thread. This is a wonderful firewall that I have been using for a while now. Right now I'm running windows 8.1 and have no issues. The firewall serves people that believe in extreme security. You have to know what to let out and what to let in. If I had an issue with it I refer to this thread and the wonderful users that share their experience with the rest of the community. This thread serves a purpose for those that use Tinywall and are not ready to give it up for something else. It is minimalist, the way some folks and I like it. Not everything is for everyone. Saying that people would be confused...well life is confusing and I don't expect for us to terminate life because some folks get confused about it. confusion bring mind expansion and knowledge. I don't look down on those that get confused cause there is always room to expand. Now if you are confused reading my post..ahh..I will cheer for you to expand. : ) (just my wooden nickle, raised from my two cents) Oh man...I feeling so old....

21. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Any concerns with Signature & Countersignature "expired or is not yet valid".
    TW1.png TW2.png

22. g17

g17 Registered Member

Hello guys, new member here with a tinywall 2.1.8 problem in need of a fix (running on Win10 latest)

I have been getting intermittent crashes on boot, the program stops (but can be restarted successfully always). I did a search and found some similar posts but no answer. Sorry if this has been resolved before.

I have the full logs from the event viewer and the errorlog from /ProgramData/tinywall and can post them if need be.

From the error log:

------- 08/27/2017 15:53:34 -------
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
    at NetFwTypeLib.INetFwRules.Remove(String Name)
    at PKSoft.WindowsFirewall.Rules.RemoveItem(Int32 index)
    at PKSoft.TinyWallService.MergeActiveRulesIntoWinFirewall(Rules FwRules)
    at PKSoft.TinyWallService.ReapplySettings(Rules FwRules)
    at PKSoft.TinyWallService.ProcessCmd(Message req)
    at PKSoft.TinyWallService.FirewallWorkerMethod()
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

------- 08/30/2017 17:34:40 -------
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at PKSoft.TinyWallService.WFEventWatcher_EventRecordWritten(Object sender, EventRecordWrittenEventArgs e)
    at System.Diagnostics.Eventing.Reader.EventLogWatcher.IssueCallback(EventRecordWrittenEventArgs eventArgs)
    at System.Diagnostics.Eventing.Reader.EventLogWatcher.HandleEventsRequestCompletion()
    at System.Diagnostics.Eventing.Reader.EventLogWatcher.RequestEvents()
    at System.Diagnostics.Eventing.Reader.EventLogWatcher.SubscribedEventsAvailableCallback(Object state, Boolean timedOut)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitOrTimerCallback.PerformWaitOrTimerCallback(Object state, Boolean timedOut)

The event viewer log has similar language in it about the crash error.

Application: TinyWall.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Description:
    Faulting application name: TinyWall.exe, version: 2.1.8.0, time stamp: 0x56e1e785
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.1532, time stamp: 0x5965ac8c
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000033c58
    Faulting process id: 0x1074
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d315f780cded9d
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\TinyWall\TinyWall.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Is this a known error with a fix? Thanks all.

23. Soft Micro Apple

Soft Micro Apple Registered Member

Do you have Hyper-V installed as a feature?
    Try uninstalling HyperV then reinstalling Tinywall

I posted here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-a4ce-455d-83c1-f832878ac8b7?tm=1511372962986

24. g17

g17 Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't sure but after checking Hyper-V is not on my system.

Have not seen this crash for awhile now, seems to be around windows update timing. I do not have the creators update yet, dreading all that I will need to fix after that one hits.

25. Herberta

Herberta Registered Member

I cant make Windows Subsystem for Linux work with tinywall. Anyone had luck with this?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.