Tiny Personal Firewall 6.5.126 Crashing

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by trinsic, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trinsic

trinsic Registered Member

Hi guys, I know this is a long shot, but I am trying to install Tiny Personal Firewall on a Windows XP SP2 Build 2600 and it installs ok, but I get a fault with one or more of the modules when it interacts with a bunch of dlls, the first one is ntdll.dll fault address 0x000024bf1.

I was wondering if there was a way to look up that address to see where it is crashing, or what dll/hook its crashing on.. I really like TPF and want to figure out this problem no matter what... Looking up google yielded no results.

2. xuesisi

xuesisi Registered Member

Do you try to reinstall it ? Maybe will help you.And I used it too ,on 2003 SP2.
    Or try to use CA HIPS tookit test harness ,versions of the upgrade ,its quite good

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  3. trinsic

trinsic Registered Member

Yea reinstalling didn't do anything. it defintatley has something to do with this machines configuration.

Ill take a look at CA HIPS.. is it similar to Core Force? I read somewhere that it was similar?

4. xuesisi

No , its tiny's technology .and you'll find it...the same to tiny.And Core Force doesn't work on 2003 version,pity!

5. xuesisi

download link: ftp://escmftp:c0nt3nt@ftp.ca.com/CA_HIPS_r8_MULTI.zip

Learning_Mode_Tool --in the ZIP that's we want to install

You should change PC time to 2010,2020,2050~or far ,and install it, next ,if you open interface ,it will ......XX#$$#@7, you know,replaces the document with the attachment.
    Please rename CA HIPS Res.txt to CA HIPS Res.rar
    good luck

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.