Tiny personal firewall 5.5

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by risl, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I think with version 1 you would add a rule to bypass "indirect network access".
    Add a rule in the main table i believe (?), that matches "indirect network access" and allow it.
    I can try a VM session if you want and take a pic.

2. risl

risl Registered Member

Thank you :) .. but I think I'll stick with Tiny. Or will this indirect network access rule fix the issue with DirectInput/Ventrilo? With Jetico enabled, my hotkey for voice transmission doesn't work because of this conflict.

3. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I have no idea if it will fix the problem. It's a good troubleshooting step i believe, but if it works or not idk.

I suggested it since 1) it's not a straightforward feature to understand, and you're left with a simpler firewall to use and 2) you said "DirectInput cannot be loaded if jetico is set to optimal protection, but can if it's set to allow all or disabled" which suggests a problem in the rules.

But if Tiny works for you, use that.

4. risl

risl Registered Member

It is just simply too troublesome to try find out which rule is the problem when nothing is displayed in log that would indicate what the problem is. Perhaps I'm just too lazy for this kind of "extra work" :oops:

5. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

If nothing seemed to be blocked in the logs, it might just be one more bug never to be fixed. In version 1 of course.
    I had issues with ver.1 too, and they are the reason i don't use it.

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I am way beyond all that stuff now too, ever since I got the router, all that "extra work" flew out the window for me.... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.