Tiny Hardware Firewall (hardware VPN)

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by LockBox, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

That's very cool, especially in light of news abount OpenVPN vulnerability in Android.

3. x942

x942 Guest

Pretty Cool indeed. I wish it supported Tor though. They seem to be using the same hardware (TP-Link) that my Anonbot Project uses. These work very well and are the most portable Routers I have seen with enough Memory to do this type of thing. :thumb:

4. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Has anyone ever heard of this VPN? It sounds like a really cool device but I don't know if I would want to use their VPN. They don't talk about exit nodes and I didn't see anything specific about logging. http://hotspotvpn.com/

5. GeeTee

GeeTee Registered Member

All of their exit nodes are in the U.S.: DC, Chicago, Denver. They spool up others as demand requires.

They only log logins with 15 day retention for debugging and customer support. They just got editors choice on the pcmag website for the tiny hardware firewall.

6. prnoid_ntrepreneur

prnoid_ntrepreneur Registered Member

so wait a minute do you connect this thing to your laptop via an Ethernet cable and it connects to your router via ITS wifi card or you laptops?

either way is this a honeypot or is this legit?

7. caspian

Thanks for the info. Too bad. It sounds so cool. I would like to have something like this with a serious VPN provider.

8. caspian

Evidently you can plug it into your USB. I think they will protect your info unless LE requests it. Which could be for any reason. You wouldn't necessarily have to break a law. They probably won't, and *can't* make themn prove that you have broken a law, like Cryptohippie does. Because they are in the US. But it looks cool otherwise.

Scroll down and look at their "Acceptable Use Policy". They even forbid downloading music, evidently.

http://tinyhardwarefirewall.com/privacy-policy/

9. root_my_face

root_my_face Registered Member

Looks pretty cool, but you can easily build one of these yourself.

Buy a TP-LINK 3020, flash it with openwrt, config the firewall & vpn.

Although you'll need to be fairly happy with unix (as you can't fit the openwrt gui AND openvpn in 4MB).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.