TINY 2005 PRO IDS/IPS FEATURE...

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Infinity, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

well, I upgraded to the latest version .126 yesterday and I couldn't find the ids/ips preconfigured rules anymore ... :mad:
    I tried their forum and once again seems like Tiny will be abandoned by CA, no support what so ever (only some experienced senior members are offering help) but no words from CA/Tiny...

now I read that post on how to manualy set those rules up and somewhere I've lost it completely :oops:

is there someone willing to help me out, step by step on how to set it up correctly? I would be greatful .. in fact I was seconds away on installing the old version back but not after I try this one last time!

Thanx in advance,

EDIT: is there any known reason why they forgot to include those rulesets? imho that was a very nice feature...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  2. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

Yes, you are right since Tinysoftware has been taken over by CA everybody feared that TF has become... "has been" ... until recently one of their devellopers visited the forum to confirm that a new release is in development but a ETA could not yet be provided. Senoir members are still around to help everybody out with configuration/technical problems. Please note that most senior members were also "beta" testers.

Secondly, yes the IDS/IPS rules are not (by default) included in the latest version. However, it is possible to import Snort rules. There is a downside and it is... one cannot easily create its own ICS/IPS rules anymore,... unless one changes the XML rules files. (don't ask me how because I never tried it).

Recently one of the senior members explained in one of the threads on the Tinysoftware Forum how to activate IDS/IPS and import snort database.

I will post a request in the Tinysoftware Forum (with link to this thread) and ask if the procedure could be explained in Wilders public forum. If not, I'll try to explain it myself soon.

Ciao
    Itsme

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Thanx Itsme, it's great to see what you're doing at their forum trying to help everybody (yahoo too)! it's been a very long time since I've been there, probs too long ;) to know what's really happening over there.

if not, I just install the old version again (.92) - thank god I saved this to a dvd-rw ...

4. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

5. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Infinity .
    CA cannot support it because they cannot understand how to configure it ! :D :D

6. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

Could well be true... :)
    M

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.