tiny 2005?? as complicated as it used to be??

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by zfactor, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

ohhh my god, this feels like the first day I was riding my car...everything went wrong :D :cool:

I had it under control when I was testing version 6 but I lost it somewhere it seems :cool:

I like it better (gui and system/non system processes...:))

ahh well, we'll see

Inf.

2. yahoo

yahoo Registered Member

Just came back home, and made an update to my last post to make it better structured and easier to read.

Tiny should give me some money for writing such a guide for them, and maybe having got some curious users for them :D :D :D

I have spent too much time on this firewall stuff already, time to drop it now:)

Good luck, everyone!

3. mlr1m

mlr1m Registered Member

On the Tiny forum's one of the admins announced a new version might be out tomorrow (friday, March 25). It will be posted in the forum if its out.
    They never seem to post a changelog, but i presume its just some bug fixes.

Michael

4. yahoo

yahoo Registered Member

Michael -

The new build will also have new drivers, together with bug fixes. I just hope that there will be no other new serious bugs introduced into the new build.

5. mlr1m

mlr1m Registered Member

Bugs?
    ummm ive been using tiny since 5.0, and they seem to prefer to call them features lol.

Michael

6. yahoo

yahoo Registered Member

LOL... yeah, can not agree with you more :)

7. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Bugs, features... the fewer the better... :D

If they have a new version I'll have to try it out later. See if they fixed a few things that I saw..

8. Arup

Arup Guest

Same fate happened to Kerio, when they decided to add features to the already good 2.15, all they added is bugs.

9. yahoo

yahoo Registered Member

I believe that they are going to release a new build instead of a new version this time. Let's see what they are going to have :)

10. mlr1m

mlr1m Registered Member

Sorry i should have said a new build in my original post. Im not a computer person here. Hope i didnt mislead anyone.

Michael

11. Infinity

I've had it big time!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

What was that all about...As I am writing this I don't know if this will work cause every 1-15 minutes my computer reboots, every single time... :p

I have tried everything, closing pg and rd, uninstalling it, reinstalling it... :D
    I am about to uninstall Tiny. everytime the windows protection is on it will last like 15mins tops. at random intervals like when clicking on a link in IE, in FFX, when opening explorer, when loading, it doesn't matter :'(

these are my thoughts: *I had waaaaayyyyy to much kernel driven software on my machine till today, some are uninstalled, some are here :)...and I think this isn't too good for my machine...Now I think of it: for any machine at all :cool:

Anyway, like I hope, I will try to send it and if it doesn't work out, this beauty (as it is!!!!!!!!!) will be for another time (again) cause I like it a lot...one hellova beauty :D

take care

Inf.

12. Infinity

update :)

I strongly am thinking that sometimes formatting is a good thing too :D cause there is no way I am going to install Outpost again cause it'll make make computer like a lame duck :D , and we don't like no ducks here anymore...:D

the longest install without a format this will be...at least a good thing to end

13. Diver

Diver Registered Member

Outpost?

14. Infinity

been using outpost for 1 years and a half, from version 2...and periodically change to see the others but allways after maximum a week I changed back till now Tiny but I'll change back again to Outpost, never ever had a single problem with it.

Why change a winning horse anyway?maybe for a better one as I thought Tiny would be but not for me and certainly not now anymore :D

15. mlr1m

mlr1m Registered Member

the new tiny pro build is out 6.5.70

Michael

16. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Is there a list of fixes anywhere?

17. Diver

Diver Registered Member

Changes in 6.5.70:

IQ need to understand this beast reduced from 155 to 138.

18. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Then it looks like I may not qualify yet.. ;)

I'm just curious if my bugs I discovered in Tiny were fixed or not. But since I'm pretty content at the moment with BlackIce, I think I'll pass on this update until some other time. Still, I'd like to see the changes...

19. mlr1m

mlr1m Registered Member

- the rule including empty predefined ip addresses object is not used. Previously it applied to all IP addresses.
    - UmxAgent memory leak fixed
    - enabled content filter blocking by registry value ContentFilter!="1" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tiny Software\Tiny Firewall\Cfg
    - implemented correct direction definition when creating LAN/VPN rule for local access (Pro version)

They also made changes to the rules config boxes

Michael

20. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Thank you Michael.. I never noticed any memory leak in any part of Tiny, but apparently there was one.

I must admit that I still have some desire to try and figure out what I was doing wrong before. Or if there were definitely bugs.

21. JayTee

JayTee Registered Member

For tiny 'beta' users,

some forum members in tiny's forum have finally got together to put a guide to setting up tiny starting from ground up. Certainly gives me a different perspective from how to do it, especially since I haven't tinkered with Windows Security module a lot. The only problem (for some) is that you must register yourself with tiny.

22. RKBA

RKBA Guest

Hi

Do you have a link for this by any chance? I've browsed the Tiny forums and didn't notice it

Thanks!

23. mlr1m

mlr1m Registered Member

24. Moore

Moore Registered Member

LOL !

I actually liked Tiny so much I ended up installing it alongside Outpost , using Tiny for the sandbox protection features and Outpost as the firewall, and there's no way I can stand being without Blockpost for very long. :D

Tinys modules do take a little bit of practice to configure so they are working just how you like , it's definitely not something you should install if you arent prepared to tinker around with the various settings.

Sadly , after a week I decided to follow the startup warning by Outpost to uninstall the third party sotware due to possible system instability and various posible bugs , due to one of the Tiny drivers being detected lol.. was starting to get browser lockups and processes being frozen in the taskmanager. Besides that it was a cool setup and was fun while it lasted..

Back to running Outpost with SSM|Regrun on my main system and running Tiny on its own on my test box...

Tiny is a very powerful system of protection if you know what you are doing.. ;)

I agree this is one thread that should be read by everyone new to Tiny to help get you started :
    http://www.tinysoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2288

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.