Time's Up, Einstein

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by ronjor, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Attached Files:

2. Marja

TIMING IS EVERYTHING!!?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2005
  3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

4. bigc73542

5. bigc73542

6. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

7. Marja

they look pretty young? Kinda doubt there was beer in there - don't you? lol!

Never knew college kids to waste good beer on a lawn, at least not right away! :p

8. big ed

big ed Registered Member

What a bunch of road apples! As any 2nd grader can tell you, black holes exist because of the proliferation of chocolate donuts. So there!

Press on, big ed

9. Primrose

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

11. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I consider MSIE as a black hole for malware and time proves it constantly :)

12. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Balderdash! Another of Einstein's equations "IE=MS quartered" is the formula for real tasty potato salad. Miss Manners recommends eating w/o utensils. Licking fingers is optional.

Play on, big ed

13. Primrose

And Einstein set the stage long ago with his theory on The Vaccuum being the best cleaner to get into the registers..

http://www.math.princeton.edu/~seri/homepage/serilist.htm

http://www.iop.org/EJ/abstract/0264-9381/20/14/319/

My Star Is Electrolux

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.linnell/sso/vacuums cylinder.html

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2005
  14. Marja

OH YES! MY GRANDMOTHER HAD ONE OF THOSE!

WEIGHED IN AT 100 LBS OR SO IT FELT LIKE!

VERY CONVENIENT!! NOT!

15. Marja

M.S.I.E.? LOL!

16. big ed

big ed Registered Member

I was thinking of procrastinating about this one but decided to put it off for a while!

Pondering on, big ed

17. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

18. bigc73542

19. Primrose

What Was There Before the Big Bang?
    Mohammad Gill
    January 29, 2004

The Big Splatt

This concept is due to Paul Steinhardt and Neil Turok and is the most recent development in the theories of the origin of the universe. They call their universe as the ‘ekpyrotic’ universe after the Greek word ekpyrosis which denotes the fiery death and rebirth of the world in Stoic philosophy.

According to this concept, the action of the universe takes place in five-dimensional space. Before the big bang occurred the universe consisted of two perfectly flat four-dimensional surfaces (branes of the superstring theory). One of these sheets is our universe; the other, a ‘hidden’ parallel universe. Random fluctuations in this unseen universe caused it to distort and reach toward our universe. The floater splatted into our universe and the energy of the collision was transformed into the matter and energy for our universe in a big bang (9).

According to this new proposal, the universe is cyclic (as first described by Friedmann in 1922) and undergoes an endless sequence of big ‘crunches’ and big bangs. Our big bang is thus not the origin of time. Time existed before the big bang also.

This model is derived from the superstring theory and is still in the early stages of scrutiny. Some notable cosmologists have severely criticized it. According to Andre Linde (now at Stanford University, California), “It’s a very bad idea popular only among journalists. It’s an extremely complicated theory and simply does not work.”

Conclusion

I conclude this paper with an observation made by the University of California, Santa Cruz, Cosmologist, Professor Joel Primack (10), “The Big Bang is real, inflation is speculation, and eternal inflation is speculation upon speculation. But it’s the best way I know to approach the issue of the beginning of time.” In other words, the jury is still out. This is the beauty of science. It’s like peeling an onion. You remove one skin and encounter the next. Towards the end of the last century, people were talking about end of physics and end of science. The fact however is that there is no end of physics or of science.

http://www.chowk.com/show_article.c...university ave&start=0&end=9&chapter=1&page=1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/cartoons/fun/splat.shtml

Attached Files:

20. Marja

SOUNDS GOOD, PRIMROSE!

KNOW ANYTHING THAT TAKES TOMATO OUT OF SILK??

JUST WONDERIN'. [​IMG]

MARJA[​IMG]

21. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Hey Primrose,

Time again to bring in the Debunkerization Team. I long ago figured out the "Splatt" problem. It was while I was flipping pancakes in a kitchen w/low ceilings. That led to the discovery of tiles in remodeling. As for Paul and Neil, their real surname was Simon and as we all know, pretty fair writers. Their other brother Simple was a renowned pastry chef.

Again to the rescue, big ed

22. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Hey Marj,

If I were you I would keep the tomato drenched cloth handy just in case you pi55 off a skunk. Just wrap yourself up in it till the phew goes away.

Glad I could help!

Play on, big ed

23. Primrose

I use boiling hot water after i have poured on some hydrogen peroxide..have the stain portion streatched over an mixing bowl in the sink..all of it then goes in the bowl so you are just treating that area.

Silk Stain Removal
    To spot treat oil stains from silk items, sprinkle cornstarch or baby powder containing cornstarch on item, let sit a few minutes then shake off excess and brush with a soft brush or cloth.

To spot treat water stains on silk, use color-safe bleach or a mix of one part hydrogen peroxide and eight parts water. After treating the stain, hand wash using a protein hair shampoo and don´t twist or pull. Handle the silk gently and hang it to dry.

Here is the general rule:
    On fresh stains, no problem with the detergent. If not, you can use usual bleaching agents: Chlorine Bleach or hydrogen peroxide depending on the care code and material.
    Also possible on cotton: moisten with a water-alcohol mixture (50-50) then a little bit of white vinegar, rinse.

24. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

25. Marja

ER, NO OFFENSE, BIG ED - I THINK I WILL TAKE MY CHANCES WITH PRIMROSE'S ADVICE ON STAIN REMOVAL

IF I DECIDE TO REMODEL THE CEILING WITH PANCAKES INSTEAD OF WAFFLES THIS TIME - I WILL BE SURE AND CALL YA!

CHEERS!

MARJA:cool:

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.