Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the dmserver ser

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by harryhirsch81, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harryhirsch81

harryhirsch81 Registered Member

After installation of Tru Image i have the following problem in the Event Viewer System log:

Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the TrkWks service.
    Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service.
    Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the dmserver service.
    These entries continue to appear every 30 seconds.

I have here the newest version an the version 9.1, both produce the same mistake.

No, there's no error on my HDD's, i chkdsk't them already. ;)

Could it be that this is a problem with my s-ata driver? Or a problem with the (Software-)Raid i have build with two hdd's?

Hope you have a solution, thank you.:thumb:

2. kevinkar

kevinkar Registered Member

Yet another instance of this!

There appears to be an issue with the Distributed Transaction Coordinator service (TrkWks) that may or may not have something to do with XP SP3 and True Image. I was not having this issue a couple of weeks ago but it started happening a couple of days ago.

Open up the Services manger (Start, run, type in services.msc) and look for the Distributed Transaction Coordinator and stop it and set it to manual.

Trying True Image after that should no longer throw the errors into the logs and it should work correctly.

It's worth a try. It worked for me.

3. harryhirsch81

Thx for ur answer,
    i actually found another way to solve my problem: I have had Daemon Tools Lite installed on my system and there was 1 virtual device connected. So i deactivated all virtual drives, and closed the application.

Then i have reinstalled Acronis and now it works fine without any errors...

Could this be the answer? Do you have Daemon Tools (or another virtual device program) installed?

Greetings

4. kevinkar

kevinkar Registered Member

I believe I do have several. I use a virtual CD program that reserves a drive letter for the virtual CD. It's always there waiting for a CD to be "inserted". Granted, I don't need it to be always on so I may look into disabling that until I actually need it. Might be worth a little investigation!

Thanks,

Kevin

5. harryhirsch81

Yes, would be cool if u give a feedback ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.