Time Travel

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Uguel707, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I hope that he is home :p

2. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

~SIGH~ I guess we can look at the slides we took at the beginning of the journey! Put them in front of the lamp and take turns looking at them, at least it is something wonderful, and Captain will get us out of here, we might even be able to go back and visit again!!

We must do something to cut the tension, Captain, the passengers are getting worried and scared. There is a passenger that Shorty has been having trouble with too. She made him lug 25 suitcases on board, then bring her meals in the stateroom and even serve her!

Captain, I wouldn't eat anything Shorty delivers when he is mad!! He has been known to put kibbles in the Cheerios! Er... Not yours, First Mate Ronjor Zorro! Other....people, just because Shorty is very small, people try to take advantage of him!

Awwwwww! This 'Woman'!! Shorty has lost it, he has disappeared down the garbage chute! Oh, I do hope he has seen Star Wars, if he hasn't he will be ....short ribs! :'(

That Movie Star wants to know if she can put on her designer apace suit and go Moon Walking!? Doesn't she know we are in a Black Hole afraid for our lives and wondering if we will every see our family again and............She wants to know WHAT!?!:eek: :eek:

WHICH OF HER SHOES SHOULD SHE WEAR?? o_O I think I will be following Shorty, coming anyone?

Meanwhile, SugaBella Barbie, is quite comfortable in her designer space lounging suit, with built in's just like the astronauts she grew up watching!

"When will they let me go Moon Walking? I must do this to catch the eye of that up and coming actor, Drad Fritts. He is soo handsome, after dumping Ken I need a younger and more ...handsome man, but, if they don't let me make a tape of Moon Walking in my Manolo Blahnik's I will be History in Follywood! I will succeed, I have lived for ...lots of years and look at me I am stunning!

Here comes that busy mouse, what does she do running like that all day long? She makes me sooo tired!"

Hola Peaches, got any cheese? (LOL!! I and the Shorty ate it, we are really friends, he is the one who must take the movie picture of my Moon Walk.):) Wait!! What is that cat doing!!

Aiyeee, she will ruin EVERYTHING, I have brought my own batteries to run MY cameras, CATS!! They are just like another woman!! Who needs them with Suga around, that is what the little poochie says to me! He iz soo funny!

But, Drat that cat! I suppose I should continue to sigh autographs until the "moment" of my film destiny!!

3. Marja

Because of the Space Time continunumineoofusnxx (What Big C said earlier) some pictures will arrive late!

Attached Files:

4. Marja

SOMEWHERE DEEP IN THE BOTTOM OF THE SHIP :)P), THERE IS A DRONING VOICE -

Sometimes, the best way to understand how something works is to take it apart. The same is true for galaxies like NGC 300, which NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope has divided into its various parts. NGC 300 is a face-on spiral galaxy located 7.5 million light-years away in the southern constellation Sculptor. This false-color image taken by the infrared array camera on Spitzer readily distinguishes the main star component of the galaxy (blue) from its dusty spiral arms (red). The star distribution peaks strongly in the central bulge where older stars congregate, and tapers off along the arms where younger stars reside. Click to enlarge....

5. Marja

SOMETIMES THE BEST WAY IS TO TAKE APART.......TAKE APART......TAKEAPART.....WHIMPER.........MOMMY?.......................SOMETIMES....

Attached Files:

6. bigc73542

If the best way to understand how something works is to take it apart take apart a wrist watch but don't even think about takingthe time ship apart. :eek: Trust me it is in very good condition and operating to an optimum condition.

bigc
    science officer

7. Marja

Oh, BigC! We wouldn't do anything like that! It's that droning voice with a kinda mettalica tang to it, we just can't find out where it is coming from or what it is!

It seems to be coming from the vents, so it travels all through the ship, we really have looked, sir! But with Shorty down the hatch I am quite short handed!!

NO FEAR, Science Officer, we love our ship! She is your vessel and quite a beauty she is! Maybe I will send out another search party to look for the voice's owner - we seem to be quite short handed what with Movie Stars, Peaches' missing cheese and Rita's missing cheese doodles! Quite unusual!!

We will make some nice lemonade and iced tea for everyone, they are so scared and worried about surviving the Black Hole!

I still don't see how the Captain can make a call through a Black Hole?? Do You?

Security Peon,
    Marja

8. bigc73542

Now it is possible that it is the sound of the crystals going into harmonics. When it does that it means that the crystal equalizers are working perfectly. sometimes it even sounds as if there is a woman singing down a long tunnel. Or we could just have a stow away.either way we had better find out so we can sleep easier.

science officer
    bigc

9. Marja

A supercomputer-produced cross-section of part of the universe shows galaxies as brighter dots along filaments of matter, with a sea of dark energy filling in between the galactic islands.

Attached Files:

10. Marja

From somewhere deep in the spaceship.........

DARK ENERGY-

The simulation results predicted expansion speeds three to seven times faster than those detected by astronomers.

It was only when Governato and his research team incorporated dark energy into the initial conditions of their simulation model and to the equation that regulates the expansion of the universe, that they were able to closely match the observed expansion speeds of galaxies nearby.

"Adding dark energy changes the equation that describes the speed at which the universe expands with time and the growth of density perturbations," Governato told SPACE.com.

But, the scientists at the Instituto Nazionale diFisica Nucleare are not convinced -

Riotto and a team of theoretical physicists in the US and Canada say there’s no need to add dark energy as a new ingredient to explain the increasing speed of universal expansion.

"Our solution to the paradox posed by the accelerating universe relies on the so-called inflationary theory, born in 1981," Riotto proposed last week. According to this theory, the universe went through a period of exponential expansion in the moment immediately following the Big Bang. During this expansion, tiny ripples in space-time, much like those produced by a rock thrown in a pool, were produced.

With a universe that is infinite, these ripples continue to stretch and grow with expansion and over time are causing cosmic acceleration.

New York University physicist Georgi Dvali sees the answer in yet another theoretical phenomenon: leaking gravity.

His hypothesis relies on string theory, which states that there are extra, hidden dimensions beyond the three directions and time. In such a case, gravitons, hypothetical elementary particles transmitting gravitational forces, may escape to other dimensions. This, Dvali explained earlier this year, would cause "leaks" in gravity over cosmic proportions, reducing gravitational pull at larger distances, altering the space-time continuum and effectively speeding up universal expansion.

The answer appears as far away as the stars for now as theorists and observational astronomers grapple with one of the toughest questions on their agenda.

FOR MORE ON ALL THEORIES- GO TO-www.space.com/scienceastronomy/050322_dark_energy.html

Well, that voice sure knows alot about space, it almost sounds like it is lecturing, is there a teaching program built into the ship? Could it be malfunctioning? It comes and goes, at the strangest times! Usually around breakfast, late afternoon and at lights outo_O

I guess I had better go down the tubes and see if Shorty got out of the garbage tubes all right! Why he ever jumped down there I will never understand!!

OH NO! There is that Movie Star Suga Bella again, looking like she thinks she is at the beach!! I'm outta here!~shaking head in annoyance at the self centeredness of celebrities~

Some people have to actually work around here.....................

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  11. Marja

This image shows a region -- some 500 light-years away and 4.5 million light-years wide -- where hundreds of galaxies live.

Attached Files:

12. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

LOL, I liked your post on the string theory Marja... :)
    I haven't got the communication with Professor Ophiuchus yet... :(
    I was told that he is attending a scientific convention and he might
    be back in a day or two...I am sure that he will like your epose :D

13. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

14. Marja

Actually I espouse the rubber band theory! :D

15. Marja

Two gold nuclei collide in the center of this image, perhaps creating a new state of matter called the quark-gluon plasma. The lines spreading out from the center are the paths of the resulting shrapnel, as recorded by the STAR detector at the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider. Credit: Brookhaven National Laboratory
    www.space.com/scienceastronomy/050321_big_bang.html

I didn't believe this was real at first, it looks so perfect, but then ......

Attached Files:

16. Marja

Captain!! Captain! No wonder you can't reach the professor! There is lots of exciting news coming from that voice! It is telling about the mini big bang AND that two different scientific communities have actual proof of two planets just discovered - like Earth!! It has everyone buzzing and speculating! This is HUGE, Captain!! I don't even care about the voice now, two planets just like Earth....well, closer than we have ever been!! Listen...............This the news from the scientific observatory in..............................~static~............Darn! ..........This....~static.....thus recreating this .......

Recreating this primordial soup is the primary purpose of the Relativistic Heavy-Ion Collider (RHIC) at Brookhaven National Laboratory. After five years of data, it appears as if RHIC may have succeeded.

But a big mystery looms over the detection: the putative plasma explodes more violently than predicted.

"We expected to bring the nuclear liquid to a boil and produce a steam of quark-gluon plasma," said John Cramer from the University of Washington. "Instead, the boiler seems to be blowing up in our faces."

The explosive result, which goes by the name of the HBT puzzle, may call into question what RHIC is making in its high-speed collisions, or it might mean the theory needs retuning.

(MINI BIG BANG CREATES RESULTS TOO EXPLOSIVE
    21 March 2005)

Attached Files:

17. Marja

The picture above -

Besprinkling the center of the Orion nebula is the Trapezium -- a group of four bright stars. This infrared image also shows many young stars surrounding the Trapezium that are actually embedded in the molecular cloud behind the nebula.

Here is the short take on the news sweeping the scientific and soon every community..........unless it is hushed up!

GLOW OF ALIEN PLANETS DETECTED IN "MILESTONE OBSERVATIONS"
    22 March 2005

The glow of planets outside our solar system have been spotted in the first direct detections of light emitted by alien worlds.

The two planets were detected in infrared light, an emission of heat that is not visible to the human eye. There are no conventional photographs, but astronomers are ecstatic nonetheless.

The gas giant worlds, each around a different star, were discovered previously by noting the gravitational wobbles they induce in their host stars -- an indirect method. Both are roughly Jupiter-sized and hot, orbiting very close to their stars. Each completes a "year" in less than four days.

LINK
    www.space.com/scienceastronomy/030522_exoplanet_direct.html
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well, Captain, what do you think about that news? I know, I know, you want me to find out where that voice is coming from and I will! It is just that this is a milestone, it is exciting news, Captain, but I don't think I want to live a year in 4 days!! :eek: I barely have enough time as it is!! LOL!

Surely, your professor will get in touch, if only to tell you the news, it is the most exciting news in decades!

18. CartoonBoy

CartoonBoy Registered Member

Attached Files:

19. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

I would call it the quark-gluon lurker! :D

20. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Until now, every time we set foot on a planet stg went out of control.... :rolleyes:
    I will be interested to hear that voice if it tells us how we can get out
    of the hole....sure...we have Cartoon Boy's power but his arms are loosing strenght
    and.... I can't say how much longer he can hold like that:(

21. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

...here Cartoon Boy, a special potion that will enegize you! ;)

Attached Files:

22. bigc73542

I beleive that the voice is from a time travler lost in the time continuum that can't find their way out and their spirit is magnetically attached to our craft. We must try to free them.

science officer

bigc

23. Sugabella

Sugabella Registered Member

Help me Said Sugabella I need help my men left me here. I don't know if you can hear me . mayDay May Day. They had my men under a spell help some one

24. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

I am sure we will get help Sugabella ;) ... but Professor Ophiuchus
    is a bit deaf...you see that's why he takes so long to answer. :(

25. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

i might have to put my cape on now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.