TIH11 (build 8053) crashes nightly

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tihprobs, May 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tihprobs

tihprobs Registered Member

On Vista SP1, my nightly automated full backups of my C: are not completing. They complete if I start them manually. The log contains nothing past the "Locking C:" message.. In the Windows Application log, it seems the service is crashing:

Faulting application TrueImageHomeService.exe, version 11.0.0.6007, time stamp 0x47272df8, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x4791a7a6, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000659c3, process id 0x1950, application start time 0x01c8bd5b05f5325d.

Is there a detailed log I can get Windows/Acronis to generate upon crashing?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

My first reaction is ' do your backups during the day, see if they still crash' :D

At a guess I wonder if there is some other program that runs in the background that has a higher priority with disk access, or if there is a service that TI relies on not running or not running on automatic.

I think the only way to get a more details log, is to either run Dr Watson and get a machine dump, or use the logging feature of the TI installer, which I think might be in the 'before you post section'.

Do manual backups work?

When you say backups is this a complete disk/partition image or a files and folder backup?

Have you tried making a backup using the rescue CD - does this work?

Is your machine a brand name of a Heinz57 (all trade names ack etc)

Colin

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I suggest that you raise a support ticket with Acronis.
    This kind of error which happens consistently should be very simple for them to track down and solve.
    The hard ones are errors which happen from time to time and cannot be reproduced at will.

Once you have followed the instructions to produce the informaton that support require you will of course be able to go through it yourself. You may indeed solve the problem before support :D.

One thing you could try would be to make a new schedule to run the same backup up in the wee small hours after the faulting schedule should have run.
    Until the reason for the failure of existing schedule has been found it should be left in place.

I do recall that sometimes a schedule that has been edited can be run manually but will not run automatically. I wonder if the problem schedule had been edited at some time.

Xpilot

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tihprobs,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

That issue has been reported several times, but it's yet unclear what is it caused by, and we couldn't reproduce it in our testing.

Please download the updated version of Acronis Scheduler. Then extract the archive contents and start install.bat file, wait for the process to be completed, reboot your machine and see if the issue persists. Please note that it's recommended to recreate the scheduled task.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging.

If the issue persists, could you please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly?

- Reinstall Acronis drivers with enabled logging;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please collect Dr. Watson log and crash dump file the following way:
    - Reproduce the problem (application crash);
    - Do not close the "Application has stopped working" window;
    - Run Task Manager (press Ctrl-Shift-Esc);
    - Go to "Processes" tab and right-click on the crashed process;
    - Select the "Create Dump File" item;
    - Open Start->Run, type %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive string and hit Enter;
    - After that you will see a folder (or a few folders), the name of which starts with "Report"
    - Collect the Report.wer file from the last created folder.

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

- Copy schedmgr.exe file to the root of your c: drive
    - Click Start – Run, type in cmd, press OK and issue the following command:
    C:\schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt
    - Send us the schedreport.txt file in the root of your c:drive
    - Please run the schedmgr.exe program by double-clicking it from Windows Explorer
    - Enable logging by using the following command:
    set logflags support
    - Please reproduce the issue and send us the schedul2.log file which is placed to the same folder as the service file (program files\common files\acronis\schedule2)

It is recommended to turn off logging after troubleshooting by using the following command (from the schedmgr.exe command prompt):
    set logflags 0
    set lf_registry on

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.