.tib file not valid only when using Bootable Rescue Disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by homers, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homers

homers Registered Member

I was trying to restore a disk image and started recovery with the Bootable Rescue Disk (as I would if the image was being installed from a new "blank" hard disk).

I got a very disconcerting message that the Backup.tib file was of an unknown type or corrupt :( . I then tried to reinstall from TrueImage Workstation 9.1. The file was recognized and I was able to overwrite the current instalation (so all is well :D ).

Is this a known problem, and how do I fix it? o_O

Many thanks

homer

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Possibly the rescue disk is an older version. In the Home version at build 3567 the "engine" was changed and there was a corresponding change in the archive file format. Older builds can't read the files created with the newer builds but the newer builds can read the old archives OK.

Make sure the version of the rescue CD is the same as the version that created it. You should always burn a new rescue CD when you upgrade TI so the new fixes and features are available from the CD.

3. homers

homers Registered Member

Tha was exactly it. Once again I feel like the south end of a horse facing north.

Many thanks for taking the time to point me in the right direction.

homer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.