TI9 & Corrupt Images

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CompWorks1, Nov 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CompWorks1

CompWorks1 Registered Member

To Acronis Support:

I would like to know why, after using TI8 v826 without problems, TI9 v2302 causes corrupt images? I'm not talking clones, but images stored to a server.

I typically boot off the CD, created a full disk image of a SATA drive & send it over the network to a server. The images that had been created with TI8 were stored on IDE disks on the server but moved to larger SATA drives. Now when I try to restore, the images are "corrupt" when they were fine before.

Often times the imaging is reported as successful, I check the image with no errors reported, but when a restore is attempted, it is corrupt.

Please don't tell me that the bugs are fixed, as obviously they are not. I use this software and count on it in the course of my business & these problems are costing me countless hours. Please explain the limitations & workarounds or get TI9 fixed promptly.

I don't want a refund, I want it to work!

2. cdd

cdd Guest

I too am having the same problem! Have tried different network cards, etc. Acronis - is this fixable?

3. mustang

mustang Developer

Here is a suggested workaround that may help until Acronis gets TI9 working properly.

I have found that most of the corrupt image problems are caused by TI9 falsely reporting corruption. If the images are not actually corrupt, you can restore them using TI8. It does not matter if they were created with TI8 or TI9. They can be restored using a TI8 boot CD. This has worked for me on all the images TI9 said were corrupt.

mustang

4. cdd

cdd Guest

I wish I could! I've tried the TI8 boot CD but it stalls. I've got a HP Pavilion t840a PC, and am trying to restore the image (over the network) using the TI9 boot CD, but it always say's "Archive corrupt"... even when I can verify the archive from another machine on the network and it is fine.

I've tried different network cards, network cables (even crossover)... but they all say the archive is corrupt.... which leads me to tear my hair out.

5. CompWorks1

CompWorks1 Registered Member

I too have tried restoring with TI8 boot cd, still no good. This is frustrating as he** as I count on the product working. My company is a reseller for Acronis TI, but I may have to reconsider this arrangement. I appreciate the comments from other folks, but am a little miffed that Acronis support has yet to chime in.

6. mustang

mustang Developer

I have another suggestion for you to try. I'm not sure at what point TI8 is failing from either of your descriptions. Is it booting properly and then failing during the restore process? Or, is it failing to boot? Either way, Acronis has supplied a plugin for BartPE that can be the solution.

You can download the plugin from the the Acronis web site after you log into your account. You will aslo find a BartPE plugin in corporate versions of TI8. Do a "Custom" install and select only the BartPE plugin. This will copy the plugin to the program folder you chose durring the install. If you already have a BartPE disk, just add the plugin and give it a try. If you are starting from scratch, make sure you add your Windows NIC drivers and any Windows Controller drivers you need to the pebuilder\plugin\Net or pebuilder\drivers\SCSIAdapter folders respectively. Make a separate folder for each driver. Now copy the Acronis plugin folder to the pebuilder\plugins folder and build. Acronis has supplied a set of instructions for building a BartPE disk on their web site.

The Acronis Rescue CD is running under Linux. BartPE is running under Windows. This gives you a very good chance of solving a number of problems. It is certainly worth a try.

Good luck,
    mustang

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.