TI9 and use of DVD-R media

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SonicRealism, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonicRealism

SonicRealism Registered Member

I am confused on how to use TI9 to write directly to DVDs. The TI9 box says it supports DVD-R but I cannot find documentation walking me through how to use it. In fact, I find little documentation in the local Help file that discusses media types and what works, doesn't work, best practices, etc

At the Acronis website, there is a FAQ entry saying that TI can write directly to DVDs if they are previously formatted using a UDF packet writer. The one shipped with Nero does not work for DVD-R; it must be RW media.

By the way, I am using an OEM version of Nero6 that has been updated with the latest set of updates.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

2. Snakeyes

Snakeyes Registered Member

You said it. RW media with packet writing InCD etc.
    You can make the image on your Hard drive and copy it to your DVD-R.
    Cheers

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello SonicRealism,

I've not seen the retail box but, going by the statements in the TI 9.0 User's Guide, perhaps Acronis meant that TI 9 can now read DVD-R media? This type of media wasn't previously officially supported.

I recommend that you download the <True Image 9.0 User's Guide> (2.2MB pdf file).

This <previous reply> provides further details on how to burn images onto DVDs.

Regards

4. Bobsen

Bobsen Registered Member

Can someone post an updated link to the .pdf file? This one doesn't seem to work....
    TIA Bobsen

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Bobsen,

Have you got Adobe Acrobat Reader installed? If so, then I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you. Try accessing it from the <Acronis Documentation download page> instead.

Regards

6. SonicRealism

SonicRealism Registered Member

Thanks. I needed someone to confirm what I suspected was the case.

I think you are correct.

Good suggestion. Nice to have a search capability again over documentation.

Thank you, all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.