TI8 conflict with Partition Magic

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by beaver56, Oct 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beaver56

beaver56 Registered Member

I have sent an e-mail to technical support about the subject. I have build 771, created Secure Zone and when I went to PM8 for an unrelated issue, it would not open, giving an error: "Error 106: Partition didn't begin on head boundary". I wrote to Symantec (they bought PM from PowerQuest), who asked me to run a diagnostic test. They saw the result and asked me to delete the partition and re-open it. I deleted SZ, but before re-opening decided to check if PM would open OK, which it did. Re-installed SZ and again same error! Deleted SZ and PM would open ok. So, I will wait to see what TS answers, but will not install SZ, which I could live without from what I read here. I have now tested the Bootable CD and tested restoring from a DVD and no problem up to the "proceed" point, so it looks promising! I had tried Ghost 2003 before and after a disk failure it would not work! Ghost 2003 is very complicated to follow for a beginner like me, while TI8 was easy to follow with a lot less effort on my part. We'll see if it comes through under real restoring. Roberto.

2. beaver56

beaver56 Registered Member

I resolved the conflict. It was created by my selecting a Secure Zone size different than proposed by TI8. This caused the partition border to fall in the wrong place. Tested OK now. Roberto.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.