TI8 Build 786 comments

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nreiter, Dec 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nreiter

nreiter Registered Member

I downloaded build 786 and attempted to do a repair/upgrade install. It appeared to install, and I rebooted. TI would open but it had lost all scheduling information for all of my tasks. Attempting to set the scheduling times would fail when it prompted for the user and password. I had to uninstall, reboot, install, reboot, and then I could restore the scheduling information. This happened on the last upgrade to build 774 as well. In fact, for 774 I had to completely recreate all of my scheduled tasks. At least this time it only lost the scheduling data.

Also, why can't the installer remember with a simple registry entry where I installed it last time? Nearly all of my other software does so and defaults to the last install location when I do an upgrade.

2. mark7

mark7 Registered Member

My upgrade experience:

I d/l 786, did an uninstall of 774 via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, rebooted, and then installed 786. I have one "scheduled" task that is not set for a specific time, but runs "on-demand" when selected and started. The settings for this task were retained. I imagine it's in the registry and the uninstall did not remove it.

3. nreiter

nreiter Registered Member

The scheduled task settings were all kept, except for the actual time schedules. Also, it wouldn't accept a valid user and password for the tasks when I did the upgrade install. If the upgrade install doesn't work, then the installer should be changed to detect the previous installation and uninstall it first. I have other software installers that work just that way. Of course, it should still remember where I installed it before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.