TI8-774 Drive Letters

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aarsjp, Oct 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aarsjp

aarsjp Registered Member

Dell 4100 P3-1000 W2K Pro

Using the Acronis Boot CD, I restored an image. The image was orginally drive letter C. Rebooted from the HD and now the drive is D. C is not assigned to anything. How can I prevent this from happening? The Restore Image process did not give me an option to assign a drive letter.

John

2. Scopacetic

Scopacetic Registered Member

I don't have the answer regarding how to prevent incorrect drive letter assignments, but it's easy to fix after the fact. Just go to control panel -> administrative tools -> computer management -> storage -> disc management(local). Right click on the partition of interest and select change drive letter.

3. aarsjp

aarsjp Registered Member

Nope, you can not do that. It says "Can not modify drive letter of system or boot volume.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Please send me a private message with your email address and we will contact you soon via email.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
    South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis support department
    e-mail: support@acronis.com

Acronis... compute with confidence

5. Scopacetic

Scopacetic Registered Member

Other thoughts are: Make sure the target drive is at the end of the cable (if IDE). Try removing the drive that the TI boot disc considers to be the C: drive.
    Sounds like you're about to get a better answer. Tech support lives! Curious if TI has a software answer.

6. aarsjp

aarsjp Registered Member

Drive letter C never gets assigned. If I plug in a USB drive, guess what? The USB will get assigned the letter C. I will email tech support as instructed.

Tnx
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.