TI2009 terminates with runtime error under Thinkpad/Vista

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by homeoffice, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homeoffice

homeoffice Registered Member

This seems to be a problem experienced by others as well. Apologies for posting if this has been resolved (did not see it).

All Acronis products I have installed (TI 11, now TI 2009, and DD10) terminate operations with MS runtime errors. Example: Attempt to clone disk. I get to sizing partitions (either auto or manual) and the runtime error kicks in every time.

I run a Lenovo T61 with Vista Business SP1. The T61 has a locked 6.5 Gig partition (recovery) which may be the culprit. There is no way to touch this partition without breaking something.

What to do (I submitted tickets to Acronis a while ago but have not heard back).

Thanks.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

This won't be of much help to you, but I can state that I have TI 2009 running on a Lenovo X61 with Vista Business SP1, so the question is what indeed is causing your problem.

I have deleted the Recovery partition (had already imaged the drive with another product) so can't say if this is the problem. What might be the problem is the Recovery Software and the ThinkVantage utility. I still ahve ThinkVantage, but the Recovery Software is intelligent enough to know the recovery partition is no longer on the machine as it won't even run or update anymore.

Could you post the exact runtime error messages, and what does the Vista Event Log have to say for itself?

Colin

3. homeoffice

homeoffice Registered Member

Thanks.

There's only a generic runtime error message.

Here's the error log:
    Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: DiskDirector.exe
    Application Version: 10.0.0.2160
    Application Timestamp: 45ddf774
    Fault Module Name: scrchpg.dll
    Fault Module Version: 7.0.0.125
    Fault Module Timestamp: 46837558
    Exception Code: 40000015
    Exception Offset: 00011089
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 1a6a
    Additional Information 2: 075fd2fdc6b2f03c20d89a5b1b1558d0
    Additional Information 3: 1cb8
    Additional Information 4: d978d26014adb014472c27b8c0bf1332

scrchpg.dll is the Kaspersky Anti-Virus Script Checker. I disabled Kaspersky during the cloning attempts but that apparently did not help.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Homeoffice ,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

First of all make sure you are using the latest builds of both products, Kspersky antivirus and Acronis True Image Home 2009. In any case send to Acronis support department the following information to diagnose the issue and find possible solution or workaround:

1) Send Dr.Watson error log.

- Reproduce the problem (application crash);
    - Do not close the "Application has stopped working" window;
    - Run Task Manager (press Ctrl-Shift-Esc buttons);
    - Go to "Processes" tab and right-click on the crashed process;
    - Select "Create Dump File" item from the menu;
    - Pick up the .DMP file created and send it to us;
    - Open Start->Run (or press Windows-R buttons) type "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive" string without quotes and hit Enter key
    - After that you will see a folder (or a few folders), the name of which starts with "Report"
    - Please send us Report.wer file from the last created folder
    Please note that you may add the two collected files into rar or zip archive file.

2) Download Acronis Report utility available at http://download.acronis.com/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to us? Please compress the Acronis Report output file into an archive (e.g. with WinZip) and attach to your message by browsing for the archive. This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

3) Obtain sysinfo
    - Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";
    - Send us the saved file.

4) Device Tree
    - Download and unpack the Device Tree application:
    http://download.acronis.com/support/devicetree_Vista.zip
    - Run the application from "i386" folder (run the 64-bit version of Device tree from "x64" folder if you have Windows Vista 64-bit);
    - Completely unfold (click on all plus signs) the \Driver\partmgr and \Driver\volmgr branches;
    - Move the margin to the right in order to see all the items;
    - Make a screen shot and send it to us.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.