TI11 + TrueCrypt + network drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mranybody, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mranybody

mranybody Registered Member

I can't seem to find a definite answer on the forum as to whether I can setup a data backup of files / application data / email pst files to a drive on a network and keep it safe with TrueCrypt. Then keep adding incrementals over the network to the TrueCrypt container. I'm only thinking about this for data backups rather than System Sate or Disks & Partitions.

Are there any obstacles to this? Any challenges to restore?

Thanks for your time.

2. mranybody

mranybody Registered Member

Please excuse me bumping my post.

Is there anyone out there using TrueCrypt on a network drive? Any problems with TI11?

Of course, the standard answer seems to be that acronis doesn't support 3rd party software .... but still, anybody running backup / restore nicely to and from a TrueCrypt container on a Network?

Thanks for your time.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I think you will just have to try it yourself and see if it works. If you don't have TI, you can download the free trial.

Even if somebody says it works, you are going to have to try it with your system anyway to ensure TI is able to restore your files using your hardware, a step which is essential regardless of the backup program.

After re-reading your second post, why bother with TI if you aren't going to be doing imaging? Just use a Windows copy or any other program that copies files in their native format which, IMO, is a much better way to backup data files rather than stuff them into a proprietary container file which you will then put into Cryptainer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.