TI11 announced - eligibility for free upgrade if I buy TI10 now?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nosnoop, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nosnoop

    nosnoop Registered Member

    May 14, 2007
    I can see that TI 11 Home has just been announced. But it is not available for purchase yet.

    If I were to upgrade to TI 10 now, would I be eligible for a free upgrade to TI 11 when it becomes available?

    Just switched to a new laptop with Vista and my old TI 9 won't work. So I am hoping that I can use TI 10 now until 11 is released, but I certainly won't want to pay twice for upgrades.
  2. MudCrab

    MudCrab Imaging Specialist

    Nov 3, 2006
    In the past, Acronis has provided free upgrades to users who purchased the previous version within 30 days of the actual release date of the new version.

    Since TI 11 is not yet released, this date is still not a sure thing. If you buy TI 10 now and TI 11 gets delayed then you may not get the free upgrade.

    If you don't need to backup from the TI CD, you could just use the Trial Version of TI 10 for now and wait and see what happens.
  3. bodgy

    bodgy Registered Member

    Sep 22, 2005
    They (Acronis) did send me a promo offering a free upgrade if I purchased the v10 upgrade (lot of upgrading going on there) last month.

    It seems to me to be more prudent to wait, as v9'ers will possibly be offered an upgrade price albeit perhaps not at the level of a v10'er.

    Of course, if the new features are of no use or interest to a v9'er, then there is no point upgrading - unless of course the boot CD has updated drivers.

    Ah, I see that they have posted the new features on their website, so I'll stop being coy, I'm pretty sure that v11 will solve the Wireless mouse problem within the Linux environment

  4. Hamah

    Hamah Registered Member

    Sep 4, 2007
    I would try the trial version but hold off on the purchase. I am also a Vista user and not overly pleased so far with TI 10. Great promise but no successful use yet. I was told by customer service that the 30 day free Major Release Upgrade would be offered to me but I do not know if the product will see the light of day in the next 3 weeks (I purchased a week ago...shame on me).

    I think any company foolish enough to announce a new Major Release and no commitment to a free upgrade from the day the announcement is made deserves to see sales of the current product release impacted.

    Marketing 101 Acronis...Marketing 101
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.