TI11 (8,101) not detecting SATA drives on new machine (P45/ICH10).

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by _Rupert_, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Rupert_

_Rupert_ Registered Member

So I built a new machine yesterday based on the Intel P45 chipset. I have 2 SATA hard-drives connected. The board uses the Intel ICH10 SATA chip.

Unfortunately the bootable CD I created using True Image 11 (8,101) is unable to detect these drives.

Is there any way to achieve this?
    Thanks.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Try the TI12 demo and see if it does. Maybe a TI12 user with your chipset will answer this question.

Log a support ticket or use the Live Chat with Acronis and see if they can provide you with an updated .iso file to burn.

Make a VistaPE or BartPE bootable CD which is a Windows environment rather than the TI CD's Linux.

3. _Rupert_

_Rupert_ Registered Member

Great idea about the Live Support :)

I found the link on the website for Live Chat - Sales assistance. But I thought, what the heck, I'll ask anyway.
    I said my problem. The guy I was talking to transferred me to another guy of the same name.

He just asked me if I knew how to burn an ISO, which I do - then gave me a link. And I can confirm that it's now working with the P45/ICH10 chipset :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.