TI10.4940 & EMail Notification?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ajmaske, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajmaske

ajmaske Registered Member

Just curious if this was actually fixed. Is anyone having any problems with this?

I installed the 4940 update and the email notifications is still NOT working at all.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  2. Steve1209

Steve1209 Registered Member

Hi Anthony,

I just upgraded to TI10 4940, E-Mail notification works for me. It does NOT seem to work with a GMAIL/HOTMAIL/YAHOO accounts. I did get it to work with COMCAST, here is one thing you can try:

1. <MyID@comcast.net> notice I had to put the </> around my E-Mail to make it work, I used default port of 25.

What is your E-MAIL provider, we might be able to fix you up?

Steve

3. ajmaske

I also have comcast. So your email address after you entered looked something like...

<john.doe@comcast.ent>​

or did it look like...

/john.doe@comcast.net/​

The other problem I had with the update was that any new task job that I create with the updated TI, will not run. When I try to run it manually or scheduled the job gets to 0% and just hangs. When I try to cancel the job, nothing happens.

At the moment I'm back to TI 10.0.4890. Hoping to atleast get my back-ups running again.

4. ajmaske

Okay... now I'm really getting confused and really p/o'd... First off Steve, thank you very much for you post, surrounding my email address with the < / > worked. I can now send test email messages! :)

But now, any job I try to run hangs at 0%.

5. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

This sounds like you have more than one problem.
    1. Scheduled tasks don’t run.
    2. E-mail notifications don’t work correctly.

Regarding item #1 delete all scheduled tasks and then re-create them. For the issue with e-mail notifications go to Program Files > Documents and Settings > All Users > Application Data > Acronis > TrueImage and you will see a couple of folders and a few files. One of these is [notify.config]. Delete the file notify.config and re-boot. When the PC reloads this file will be re-created. Note that you will have to have the PC configured to show hidden files. When you enter your notification data enter your e-mail address using the expression <me@something.com> or whatever is appropriate. You will need to enter the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) data. Do not enter a user name or password. Port 25 is a commonly used port.

This should now work correctly. It has worked fine for me in the last couple of builds. I have however seen corruption of the file ‘notify.config’ on a couple of occasions.

I'm also using Comcast and it works well.

Bruce

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  6. Anakim

Anakim Guest

Hy everybody,

i have ti server 9.1 and the same problem. i searched a lot of time for a reason. now i think the program workes definitly not correctly. and i wonder why isnt it fixed at this time. at home i have test the vers. 10. and i have the same problem o_O ... it is no fortutiy !!!

i read the thread here and for my surprise it worked for three times :-(. i have delete the notify.config. reboot the system and i can sent two or three test messages. i was realy happy about it ....

but I couldn't beleve that it's only the two brackets at the beginning and the end of the emailadress, so i tried to sent an email whitout the brackets. it was a good idea...:-(

now i can't sent any mail with ti. So i delete the notify.config once again but it doesn't work.

Now i'm at the beginning .. no email notification..

can everyboy help me ? when i look into the notify.config. its a simple xml file with the data about email etc. realy no secrets. when i put the data into the file it doens't work. ti dont use this information.

Is there any other file on the system that would be changed from ti ?

Anakim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.