!!! TI WS 9.1 doesn't see any USB drives, 9.0 Home does

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by curt504, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curt504

curt504 Registered Member

I have to say I'm pretty frustrated. I've been a loyal customer since 6.0 and I shouldn't have to be in this hung out situation. But I need universal restore, so someone thought to put this into only WS and WS 9.1 has crummy USB drivers!!!

I need to restore to new hardware and WS can't see my backup USB drive where 9.0 TI Home saw my USB drives fine. I bet WS is poorly tested for this simple scenario?

What's the solution?

curt

2. dfenn_x384

dfenn_x384 Registered Member

Hi,
    Could you please give us more info on what os you are useing and the motherboard that you are useing. It would help if you tell us what usb drive that you are are useing

Thanks

3. curt504

With Acronis 9.0 home: both a buslink USB drive and a generic usb enclosure with my disk is visable and accessible.

With Acronis 9.1 WS, can't see any USB drives, sees the SATA internal drive.

The new hardware is a new dell dimension e520.

The video card I got is: 256MB nVidia Geforce 7300LE TurboCache
    Which is only an issue with the bartcd I tried and get the BSOD, check for viruses on your computer.

Not seeing the USB has nothing to do with the video card, but bart not using vesa mode and geting the BSOD is another problem, if this is my path to a solution.

Thanks for your help, curt

4. curt504

Perhaps plan Z could be to put up a WS server on the from computer on the network? Then clone the new HW from the old over the network?

This in my view is only a near term solution since I'm investing in Acronis as a disaster recovery solution and the odd situation where the old HW is still available is not to be assumed. JMHO mind you.

curt

5. dfenn_x384

dfenn_x384 Registered Member

court,
    That could be one idea. you will find that you will need another computer to be the server but that would get the job done, i hope

Good Luck :cool:

6. curt504

I need a solution for WS seeing USB drives. Since all of acronis's TI products starting with TI6 have found my USB drives, the reason why I dumped Ghost, and TI9 home worked on this new HW, there can be only one reason why WS 9.1 doesn't work and that's bugs that need patching.

Can Acronis please address this problem. I need to restore this HW asap!!

On plan Z can this architecture be thumb nailed?

tnx curt

7. curt504

Let me add: I had TI 9 home installed on the old HW, I installed HW 91 without uninstalling TI9 and full hw restore option on top (??). I figured if there was a problem WS91 would have deinstalled TI9 home.

I also have diskdirector 10 installed..

I created a disaster recovery cd.

The boot cd has menu picks for diskdirector and other tools including WS with hw restore.

Might this situation ring a bell for a problem?

tnx curt

8. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Curt, I'm using v9.1 (WS & ES) and neither one has any problem seeing both my Maxtor and Seagate external USB2 drives. That includes the Emergency Boot CD. Therefore, may I suggest that you download-install the latest build (3887 for WS version) and try again.

9. curt504

Control panel - add/remove - Acronis disk director - remove -
    - corrupted install

Ditto - Acronis TI home - remove
    - corrupted install

Ditto - Acronis WS - remove
    - ran without error

Looks like WS install nailed the Home and Disk Director installs.

Do you have a removal tool so I can clean and re-install WS?

tnx curt

10. curt504

Cancel that request for a removal tool. A Mcafee upgrade gone bad had me restore from a 4 day old backup. Thankfully the reason why I've loved Acronis worked!! LOL a success amidst my forest of computer troubles.

I'll do a remove of Home, Diskdirector prior to an install and retest of WS+UI.

Question: Can WS+UI use a prior backup with Home 9.0 to restore to different hardware (UI)?

tnx curt

11. curt504

I need a Disk director and TI home 9.0 removal tool, registry cleaner. MS install remover was not that helpful and probably left registry entries that is screwing up my attempting to install WS 9.1. The WS install pops a dialog with non-printing characters saying file not found. Then WS won't burn recovery cd, has an error dialog being covered up with the work in progress dialog.

Need a clean up tool so I can get a clean install of WS9.1. tnx
    curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.