TI workstation + U.Restore: Where is Universal Restore?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by loziro, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loziro

loziro Registered Member

Hi,
    I have installed Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and nextly
    I have installed Acronis Universale Restore for TI Workstation.

I have created Acronis Boot CD with Acronis Media Builder and I've
    put in it "Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation with Universal Restore".

I boot the cd and in the title bar appear "Acronis True Image Workstation with Universal Restore".

I follow the instruction of Acronis website for restore an image using
    Universal Restore, but I CAN'T FIND the switch for enable Universal
    Restore Option.

On Acronis website:
    --------------------
    Step 1: Boot your replacement system with the bootable media you created and select Recovery in the Acronis True Image menu
    Step 2: Select the image to restore and the Acronis Universal Restore option
    --------------------

Where is this damn option?
    Thank you much to everybody.

ziro

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

From what I remember, a Window comes up with the option to use or not to use UR when running a Recovery - from the bootable CD. Go through the process and examine each Window carefully.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello loziro,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3887) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis Universal Restore. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Make sure you created a new Bootable CD after update.

If you already using the latest build and the Acronis Universal Restore option does not appear, please follow the instruction provided in this previous post of mine to collect the information that would allow us to investigate the issue and provide you with a possible solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. loziro

loziro Registered Member

Thank you to everybody,
    So.. for doing another test I have reinstalled Windows Xp professional
    on a PC Desktop (not as previous in vm environment).
    I have installed TIW and Universal Restore in this desktop.
    Next, I have created the .tib image of entire disk (that got only C: partition).
    Next, I have created the bootable media with "Acronis True Image Workstation with Universal Restore" and "Acronis True Image Agent with Universal Restore". Boot the second pc desktop from bootable media and ever if choose Agent or TIW in each one not appears "Use Acronis Universal Restore" option in the Recovery wizard procedure!

With XP installed on a VM, the option appears but U.R. don't work becouse from the log don't recognize target OS!!! and with XP installed on a PC Desktop do not appears the "Use UR" option.

Problems problems ever problems with acronis!!

And excluding this problem I want to explain that some month ago I have contact acronis becouse I have purchased TI Home 9 and his boot CD
    don't start on HP Pavilion computers. Also in TI 10 acronis have not correct this issue. I have send the reportage of my system and acronis say that will investigate.... but neverone from acronis have contact me or resolved the issue.

Problems problems problems... Please help me for U.R. problem!!!

Thank you

5. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

I have the exact same problem. I submitted a ticket to Acronis several days ago (I paid for priority support), and still no solution.

Acronis works fine except when trying to do a Universal Restore with 3887. I had an old disk v3666 which did allow the Universal Restore option.

I am getting sick and tired of paying this company for Beta software. Every time you call support, you get a different person and they are very unhelpful.

Let me know if you get a solution.

6. loziro

loziro Registered Member

Hi Silver0066,
    thank you for your response. We must to explain our problems with acronis,
    hoping that he resolves all issue about his software.
    Thank you too to say to me that with an older version you're able to
    use U.R.

ziro

7. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

It doesn't seem to do any good to explain anything to these Acronis people. I have brought this subject up, along with others, for months.

They have done NOTHING to fix it. They SUCK!!!!

8. loziro

loziro Registered Member

I want to inform you that with Acronis True Image 9.1 Build 3534 Workstation
    with old Universal Restore for this version, I have solved my problem.
    UR have recognized OS and work correctly...i'm without words.
    Acronis Suck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.