TI v9 build 2323.. scheduled jobs stop running

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by WillyK, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillyK

WillyK Registered Member

Looking for guidance for a problem I'm encountering with True Image v9.0 Build #2323, running under Windows XP PRO SP2.

When running daily incrementals against full partition images, True Image has stopped running scheduled backups.

This has happened more than once. And not just a select backup, but all scheduled backups.

I've had TI running for about 2-3 weeks and I've been playing around with the scheduling of daily incrementals against full partition image archives. Currently I have 3 daily incrementals scheduled; one runs at 02:30, one at 03:30 and one at 04:00.

After running successfully for several nights, one night the incrementals did not run. There were no error messages, in fact not even any log entries. I "edited" the scheduled items just to review them and next night they started up once again.

Well it's happened again. After running again for about a couple of nights the scheduled jobs once again have stopped. Again, no error messages, no log entries. They still appear in the schedule. I have not editted or done anything to the existing schedule items and they have now not run for four consecutive nights.

Any thoughts? Anyone experience a similar problem?

I did run the Acronis Report Utility. But there was nothing obvious to my eyes.

Yes, I'm not at the latest release. Should I consider installing the latest build first? Even though I'm only backleveled by one. There must be something else obvious going on.

I noticed in the Forum that in the past Acronis Tech Support has had folks download and run a "schedmgr.exe" application. I'll await instructions from Acronis Support.

Thanks in advance...

... Bill

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bill,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please download and install the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please also do the following:

- Download and run schedmgr.exe file;
    - Issue following commands:

service stop
    service uninstall

- Close schedmgr;
    - Please download this archive and replace schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe files in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder with the files from the archive;

- Please run schedmgr.exe application again;

service install
    service start

- Close schedmgr;

If the issue still persists please do the following:

- Open the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);

- Run the following command in the folder the schedmgr.exe file was saved to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect schedreport.txt;

- Run Acronis Schedule Manager program (schedmgr.exe) once more;

- Issue the following command:

set logflags support

- Reproduce the problem;

- Collect the log file schedul2.log that is placed in the \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder.

Having collected all files please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. WillyK

WillyK Registered Member

Attn. Acronis Support ... SCHEDMGR.EXE

Hi,

Received a reply from Acronis support regarding my scheduled jobs stopped running under TI v9.0 Build 2323. See post:
    TI v9 build 2323.. scheduled jobs stop running

Thanks for the prompt response. As a system programmer in a large mainframe shop who fields many 2nd and 3rd level support calls I know how priorities can shift and queues can build. I appreciate the quick response.

I do have an account and I will download the latest build and update my vesion.

But a couple of questions...

First Question, I read somewhere that you can do a re-install over the current installed version or un-install the current version first. What is the preference? If I do an uninstall, is the Windows Remove program function adequate?

Second Question: With regards to others who have had scheduling problems the common response has been;
    Please also do the following:

- Download and run schedmgr.exe file;

service stop
    service uninstall

- Close schedmgr;
    - Please download this archive and replace schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe files in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder with the files from the archive;

- Please run schedmgr.exe application again;

service install
    service start

- Close schedmgr;

So, here's where my system programmer side kicks in ... What exactly does the above do? Is this something that should be done periodically (i.e. like a cleanup or resetting function) or "whenever" this kind of problem occurs?

Thanks in advance...

... Bill

4. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Re: Attn. Acronis Support ... SCHEDMGR.EXE

I didn't see this mentioned in your other post, so forgive me if I missed it.
    Every time I have had a scheduled task fail to run it was due to the TrueImageService task failing to end after the last backup.
    Have you ever noticed TrueImageService listed in Task Manager? I have contacted Acronis, but have never been given an explanation or a solution to TrueImageService.exe failing to terminate (not a poke, just the facts).

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Attn. Acronis Support ... SCHEDMGR.EXE

Hello Bill,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that we recommend you to uninstall any previously installed build prior to installing build 2337 because Acronis True Image 9.0 has had some instalation issues with the latest builds.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Yes, you can uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image.

Please note that we recommend the workaround above in order to renew the respective service of the program. So you do not need to use this workaround periodically. It should be used in the case of schedule failure only.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Bill,

Since Acronis support Kirill has responded to your initial thread....I have taken the liberty to merge your recent thread and simply make this an ongoing thread for ease of following. Also....since Acronis support Kirill gave the instructions that's contained in your Second Question....I felt it best to keep things together where-by Kirill could possibly answer that question

Regards,
    Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.