TI v9.1 b3718 with Universal Restore and BARTPE + MUSTANG

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jeremyotten, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

I don't understand what you are saying here. I do not have a network share. Would you please elaborate further on how to get this working?
    Many thanks

2. Unimatrix

Unimatrix Registered Member

hi silver,
    this solution is not easy, but i have one that works at the moment for 2 tested hardware configurations. Dell Poweredge System => Dell C640 Notbook and Dell Poweredge System => IDE standard Harware.

For more details please follow this link.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=151205

Unimatrix:thumb:

3. mustang

mustang Developer

New versions of my plugins for the Corporate family of TI9 are available at my website.

These new versions include Universal Restore Assistant provided by Unimatrix. The assistant provides the acpi bugfix.

4. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

Thanx Mustang for this great job, and thanx Unimatrix too ;)

I'll give it a try asap....

5. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Thanks Mustang , and thanks Unimatrix too!! Wonderful work!!!

By the way, under Reatogo (previous paid version) , I got doubled-up desktop icons. I commented out the following section of the inf to fix this.

Code:
    ; ++++++++++++++++++ Make Directory Profiles section +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    [Software.AddReg]
    ;0x2,"Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList","ProfilesDirectory","%temp%\@ProfilesDir@"
    ;0x1,"Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList","DefaultUserProfile","Default User"
    ;0x1,"Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList","AllUsersProfile","All Users"

[SetupReg.AddReg]
    ; Add ProfilesDir environment variable
    ;0x2, "ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Environment", "ProfilesDir", "%temp%\@ProfilesDir@"
    ;0x2, "ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Environment", "USERPROFILE", "%temp%\@ProfilesDir@\Default User"
    [Software.AddReg]
    ; Following line added to trick True Image into running properly.
    ;0x1, "Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList","AllUsersProfile","Default User"
    ; ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I tested it then and everything seems fine.

Thanks again!!

6. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi beenthereb4,

Yeah, the new version of Reatogo changed the way it deals with Directory Profiles. That section of my inf is really only needed with the Nu2 shell. XPE and previous versions of Reatogo would just overwrite my code, so there was no problem. Next winter, when I have more time, I'll modify the plugins to recognize what shell is being used and handle the Directory Profiles appropiately.

7. homer007

homer007 Registered Member

After seeing that your plugin was updated I decided to take the time to try it out and see if bartpe(reatogo) & universal restore would work how they were intended to (and save me much agravation from that acronis rescue cd [ no more usbmouse=no plz :ouch: !]); to my surprise it worked perfectly, and bartpe is now a huge timesaver for me...

The only other issue I am concerned with now is how to speed up the boot time of bartpe itself; Some of my older laptops can take as long as 20minutes to boot; My prefered workaround would be to install bartpe onto its own partition on a harddrive (which I have done succesfully in the past), but for some reason when I include the trueimage plugin this way i get a bluescreen 07b error at the winxp loading screen just before reatogo logon runs :cautious: , which does not occur if I execute without the trueimage plugin, or if I run bartpe from a cdrom with the plugin...

Anywho, thx mustang and unimatrix for the great plugin :D !

8. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi homer007,

Sorry, I can't help you with the issue of running my plugin with Reatogo booting from a hard drive. I have never been able to get my BartPE to boot properly from a hard drive. There was always some error that stopped it during the boot process. I gave up on it a long time ago.

You can look into versions that minimize the size of BartPE to improve boot time. However, I find that using XPE (Reatogo includes XPE) changes the way UR works. XPE is enhancing the Windows environment over a staight BartPE. I only see the message that Universal Restore is configuring the new system on first boot if I use XPE.

9. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

A lot of your plugins are corrupted when downloaden

TI 10 plugin downloads OK but TI 9 Plugins don't!!!

10. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi Jeremy,

I did't see any problem. I just downloaded and ran the TICW9 plugin and ran it with build 3832. It worked fine. Just to be sure I uploaded all the TI9 plugins again. Then I downloaded and unzipped each of them. I didn't see any corruption.

Are you still having the problem?

11. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

Jeremy,
    I downloaded and unzipped all of the plug-ins also and they all worked for me too. Are you using some kind of download manager or web accelerator? Which browser are you using?

Corey

12. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

still same problem from multiple locations.... im using winrar tot unpack

didn't have this problem before...

13. Unimatrix

Hi together,
    a new ATI version build 3.832 is released.

I have tested the new build and the Mustang Plugins with great success.

You will get the hal and kernel update with this plugins by default if you use the Universal Restore Option.
    I have uploaded a log file from a Universal Restore.
    If you want, look inside for the hal and kernel update task (acpipic_up).

Unimatrix

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  14. techtype

techtype Registered Member

So we don't need your ura.exe now?

15. Unimatrix

hi techtype,
    ura is a part from the plugins.
    Sorry for my bad english, try to become better.
    Unimatrix

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  16. weite_chen

weite_chen Registered Member

i use your Ti v9.1 b3718 with Universal Restore and BARTPE pluing
    Creation boot cdrom
    but use cdrom boot system
    TRUE IMAGE can run but can't see harddisk is my bartpe
    so remove TRUE IMAGE pluing Creation boot cdrom
    can see my pc harddisk
    so
    please help me ,tell me how can edit *.inf

17. mustang

mustang Developer

This is an Upper Filters problem. There should have been a Z_UpperFilters plugin created when you set up my plugin. Did you use it?

Code:
    [Version]
    Signature= "$Windows NT$"
    [PEBuilder]
    Name="Force UpperFilters to be processed last"
    Enable=1
    [SetupReg.AddReg]
    0x7,"ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}","UpperFilters","snapman"
    0x7, "ControlSet001\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}","UpperFilters","snapman","timounter"

Boot your BartPE and look at HKLM\System\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. If you see "PartMgr","snapman", that will make all the hard drives disappear. You will need to get "PartMgr" out of this line. The Z_UpperFilters plugin is supposed to do this for you. You'll have to figure out why it did not process last.

18. weite_chen

ok i try it
    i have use you pluing for Z_UpperFilters
    i before hove use RAMDISK for XPE
    so can't see headdisk
    i remove this pluing cant see headdisk
    but TRUE Image can't see and use
    tell me no found headdisk

thk's i try your say
    agent

19. weite_chen

i try vevry time
    but partmgr is cna't change to spanman
    i have use your pluing for true image TrueImageEnterpriseServer9
    amd z_UpperFilters

is allware cna't see my headdisk

20. weite_chen

thk's Unimatrix and mustang
    i try is OK
    so allware is z_UpperFilters question
    i find this question is try three days

21. mustang

mustang Developer

Sorry, I don't understand exactly what you are saying. If you mean the upper filters are not ending up with just "snapman" after you boot into BartPE, then something in your build is overwriting the upper filters line after the z_UpperFilters plugin is processed. Try changing the name from z_UpperFilters to zzzz_UpperFilters. This should make sure it processes last.

22. tecnico

tecnico Registered Member

Hi Mustang,
    I read a lot about your plugin and I did several test (maybe 30) with barte (with and without xpe) and also with reatogo. I searched all your posts about the plugin (also unimatrix's posts) but I have a big problem when I restore the image in other hw. I'm able to recover the image, but when I check the log there aren't any messages regarding the new drivers, just only the operation is completed.
    I paid attention to do everything (as you wrote several times); when I start with the cd I read "... with universal restore" but no new drivers are found and If I try to boot I have a blue screen (I tried on safe mode and it stopped at acpitabl.dat)
    I'm using TIES 9.1.3832 with universal restore 3832 (I also tried 371:cool:.

My question is: why bartpe with true image with universal restore doesn't find any drivers? is it my fault? what can I do to fix it?

I hope you can help me.

Thanks a lot
    Walter

23. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi Walter,

You didn't mention if you sepcfied any drivers during the restore process. You need to supply any necessary mass storage drivers and give a path to them.

24. tecnico

tecnico Registered Member

Hi Mustang,
    thank you for your reply.

I put the path in the TIES when I restore the image (I insert the path of the reatogo cd where is the i386 folder) but it doesn't work. The new hw doesn't need a driver because it's supported by native windows drivers. In anycase when the reatogo boot it is able to see the hd.

When I check the log file I don't find lines like these

<event id="9" type="2" module="29" code="0" time="1162905246" message="There are driver storage '' used."/>
    <event id="10" type="2" module="29" code="0" time="1162905250" message="Setup is searching ....

It seems UR doesn't work.
    I attach my log file.

Have you any trick? ;)

Walter

Attached Files:

25. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi Walter,

Sorry I didn't understand your question the first time. I can see from your log that Universal Restore didn't kick in. You need to see the following screen when you are running the restore process and you need to select "Use Acronis Universal Restore". If you don't see this screen, Universal Restore won't run.

Others have reported the same problem. You will need to file a support request with Acronis.

Do you see this screen if you boot from the Linux Rescue Media? How about if you start a restore while running from normal Windows? You don't need to follow through with the restore. Just test to see if the screen shows up before you have to hit the "Proceed" button.

Attached Files:

• UR.jpg
      UR.jpg
      File size:
      73.9 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.