TI v8 - Scheduled backups suddenly fail to start

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by foghorne, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

After running TI8 for many months with daily, weekly and monthly scheduled backups, and without any problems, the schedules are now failing to run.

This seems to coincide with the upgrading of my external USB drive, but I think this is a red herring as I can interactively invoke any of the tasks to run immediately, they all work fine. It is simply that they are not being scheduled.

There is nothing in the event log to suggest that they even attempted to start. The Acronis Scheduler2 Service is running and appears in the task list.

Anyone seen this before ?
    Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello foghorne,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please try to create all your task again and see whether the problem remains?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. foghorne

I "edited" each task and simply kept pressing "next" in the wizard to keep the existing settings. This appears to have cured the problem.

However what is more important to me, is *why* this happened, and under what circumstances it might just decide to stop working again ?

Thoughts please.

4. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

The scheduled task assigns a unique identity (not just a drive letter) to the destination disk. In this case when you upgraded the destination disk, True Image no longer recognized it. When you edit the task and point to the destination a new unique identity is recognized and the error is auto-corrected.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  5. foghorne

Thanks. How come it worked when I manually started the task, but not when scheduled.

6. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Now that I think about it further, the unique id is actually associated with the source drive. Therefore my previous explanation does not seem to apply -- and I'm not at the moment able to answer your question. I will however give it some thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.