TI Server Cannot Backup over VPN

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by willgill, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willgill

willgill Registered Member

I have True Image Server for Windows version 8 (build 937) backing up to a firewire external hard drive attached to a home desktop computer as shown:
    VPN-p563570.png
    The VPN works fine. From the Server I can browse, copy files to, delete files on the Desktop Firewire HD.

I can create a weekly scheduled event to do an incremental backup just fine. However when I run the event, after 10 minutes or so I get:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <log uuid="0C65274A-43D7-496F-B4C5-9A9E7B945CA7">
    <event code="2" id="1" message="Creating the image has started" module="100" time="1127280177" type="2" />
    <event code="503" id="2" message="Analyzing partition 0-0..." module="1" time="1127280177" type="2" />
    <event code="503" id="3" message="Analyzing partition C:..." module="1" time="1127280178" type="2" />
    <event code="503" id="4" message="Analyzing partition 0-0..." module="1" time="1127280179" type="2" />
    <event code="503" id="5" message="Analyzing partition E:..." module="1" time="1127280180" type="2" />
    <event code="1016" id="6" message="Tha base image archive file CyriousControlWeeklyRemote.tib for appending incrementally is not found. Imaging was started in the full backup mode." module="1" time="1127280182" type="2" />
    <event code="1008" id="7" message="Imaging operation summary:
    &lt;bold>Create Incremental Image&lt;/bold>
    &lt;tabpoint value=30>&lt;indent value=4>From: &lt;indent value=10>Disk 1&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>
    To file: &lt;indent value=10>&quot;\\192.168.1.3\AprilFirewire\CyriousControlWeeklyRemote.tib&quot;&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>
    Compression: &lt;indent value=10>Normal&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>
    Description: &lt;indent value=10>
    &quot:Done every Saturday at 2AM Remote to April's home firewire hard drive.&quot;&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>
    &lt;/indent>" module="1" time="1127280182" type="2" />
    <event code="504" id="8" message="Pending operation 101 started: &quot;Saving partition structure&quot;" module="1" time="1127280182" type="2" />
    <event code="504" id="9" message="Pending operation 104 started: &quot;Creating partition image&quot;" module="1" time="1127280182" type="2" />
    <event code="4" id="10" message="Failed to write data to the image archive file. A possible reason might be poor media quality.
    : None" module="7" time="1127280980" type="4" />
    <event code="4" id="11" message="Failed to write data to the image archive file. A possible reason might be poor media quality.
    : None" module="7" time="1127283723" type="2" />
    <event code="502" id="12" message="Operation with partition &quot;C:&quot; was terminated with code 4 &quot;Write error&quot;" module="1" time="1127283723" type="4" />
    <event code="5" id="13" message="Image creation has failed." module="100" time="1127283724" type="4" />
    </log>

I also have a firewire hard drive attached to the server that does daily backups fine.

Firewall is turned off on both VPN routers. VPN is created by the routers.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello willgill,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please check each partition of your hard drives (including external ones) by Windows utility for both PC that you are imaging and PC where the network share (your firewire hard drive) is located:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run
    then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command
    "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drives.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image Server 8.0 for Windows log, which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon.

Send all the collected files and information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. willgill

willgill Registered Member

UPDATE: So far, I've got it working. The process of doing incremental updates over the VPN takes 4 hours, but it's worked twice now. The difference is that I changed the routers. See the diagram below.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.