TI Server Automated Backup?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Chris_Antares, Aug 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris_Antares

Chris_Antares Registered Member

Hi,

I'm trying to source an automated backup solution that will manage a full / incremental back schedule along the following lines;

Saturday -> Full Backup, upon sucessful completion destroy
    last weeks backups.
    Sunday -> No Backup.
    Monday through Friday -> Incremental Backup.

These are to be backed up to a network drive on another machine initially and forwarded to X: drive according to its own schedule with the Acronis images being uploaded.

The deletion of the previous weeks backup ensures that the space limits for the online backup providers are never exceeded.

The workload on the server at the weekend coincides with a quiet period on the network and ADSL lines.

Regards,
    Chris.

2. GeeeAus

GeeeAus Registered Member

I too would like this capability.

I've wondered about writing a batch file or VB script to accomplish this. Acronis certainly does the backup side very well, although you need to use UNC in many cases as a mapped network volume intermittently cause cloning to fail.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=45632&highlight=schedule

It seems unlikely that Acronis will add this feature. Not without the product costing significantly more.

Personally I find the HUGE price difference between the server and workstation products disturbing. Considering the differences and negligible and for most users TOKEN, the price hike it take is just wrong. Why does the word server seem to equate to the word WROUGHT.....?

Nonetheless I'm happy with Acronis TrueImage for backups of servers.

I think you will be too.

Regards
    GeeeAus

Australia

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Chris,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

You can set up the schedule you described. The only thing is that you should delete the old backups manually. However, our developers will discuss the feature of deleting the old backups automatically.

Thank you.

4. dcol

dcol Registered Member

I second needing this feature. I am now using a program called Delinda to remove the older files.
    For Example, setup the schedule as you stated, then set Delinda to delete all files greater than 2 days old on Sunday. Or use whatever logicaly works for you. You'll get the idea.
    Works for me, but I'd rather have Acronis handle it.

Problem I have with Acronis is not consistant in doing the scheduled backups. TI will randomly pick a day during the week on any random workstation and not do it.
    Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.