TI SBS log errors after install

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bctf1, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bctf1

bctf1 Registered Member

Windows Application Event ID 43 (Missing expression after '.') has logged several times since the install.

Here are the TI SBS error log contents:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <log build="174" product="Acronis True Image for SBS" uuid="023CAB96-59CE-47DA-9E8F-E3D1ABACD347" version="1.0">
    <event code="43" id="1" level="4" line_tag="0x2D43E8A7A12892F1" message="Missing expression after '.'." module="14" time="1216268242">
    <field name="path" type="TString">
    256.256.>>>256.0
    </field>
    <field name="token" type="TIdentifier">
    </field>
    <field name="line" type="TULong64">
    </field>
    <field name="column" type="TULong64">
    </field>
    </event>
    <event code="5" id="2" level="2" line_tag="0xC5205219E9003727" message="File or folder 'ramdisk.dat' not found." module="70" time="1216268243" />
    <event code="43" id="3" level="4" line_tag="0x2D43E8A7A12892F1" message="Missing expression after '.'." module="14" time="1216268243">
    <field name="path" type="TString">
    256.256.>>>256.0
    </field>
    <field name="token" type="TIdentifier">
    </field>
    <field name="line" type="TULong64">
    </field>
    <field name="column" type="TULong64">
    </field>
    </event>
    <event code="5" id="4" level="2" line_tag="0xC5205219E9003727" message="File or folder 'ramdisk.dat' not found." module="70" time="1216268243" />
    </log>

What to these 2 errors mean or indicate? What action do I need to take?

Thanks,
    Brad

2. bctf1

bctf1 Registered Member

As a follow up to my post, since I got no reply from this forum, I called Acronis support and was provided with a link to download a different version of ramdisk.dat and kernel.dat. The support rep indicated that the error code 43 should not reappear. I will follow up with another post after extracting these 2 files.

Brad

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bctf1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Small Business Server Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please clarify if the problem was resolved? If not, could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. a_two_c

a_two_c Registered Member

I have the same problem with a customer installation here. Where can I get diffrent versions of ramdisk.dat and kernel.dat and which effects does the installation of these files have to the functionallity of Acronis for SBS?

I attached a screenshot to this post.

Kind regards,
    Alexander Forschner
    a-two-c

Attached Files:

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello a_two_c,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Small Business Server Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please be aware that appropriate ramdisk.dat and kernel.dat files are provided by our Expert Team, when necessary. So, we recommend you to collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also create an export of Windows Event Log.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.