TI Running slow

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 001retep, Nov 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 001retep

001retep Registered Member

I created image of my harddrive (normal setting, compressed to 17 GB) in about 25 minutes using TI8. But partially restoring that image took over 9 hours at which point the "progress bar" was only about 60% complete and it said "41 minutes to completion" - so I waited over 2 hours only to say "43 minutes to completion." Then I canceled in frustration and swore at the screen and cursed Acronis. Restoration was too slow. Slow restore. Restore slow. Slow.

I used build 937 to create the image. I had build 889 and 937 Boot CD and used it to restore the image. Both took insane amount of time to get anything done (for example, 1% every hour). My situation is below:

(1) I have 1 physical harddrive.
    (2) 2 partitions so: "primary active" partition contains the WinXP and the second partition, also "primary", contain just storage data. The image file is located in the second partition, storage partition, restoring only the "first partition" - obviously.
    (3) the file system is "NTFS" for all.
    (4) P4, 1 GIG Ram, 200 GIG harddrive
    (5) the created TI8 image files (spanned to 4 at 4.3GB) is 17 GB in total in about 25 minutes.

NOTE:
    (A) Copied the image files to a networked server.
    (B) Also incredibly slowwww to restore the image using the networked server.
    (C) Copied the image files to a USB 2.0 external harddrive.
    (D) Also incredibly slowwww to restore the image using the external harddrive.

There was no problem in creating the image of the drive whatsoever.

I am fed up with Acronis TI bs. I wasted so much time on this - entire day and counting!!!
    On website, Acronis TI is supposed to be "dependable and reliable something that I can count on." What a bs.

Is this "slowness" a bug in the TI8 software?

2. 001retep

Re: Acronis ripped me off

By the way, when I say "image of the drive," I mean I'm making an image of the "primary, active" partition only.

Just so that no confusion arises.

3. mildewman

mildewman Guest

Acronis Version 8 is actually pretty quick... I restored a 120GB HD (the image was actually 8GB) in about 20 miinutes.

I have no idea what happened to yours.... Was the image verified as being good?

4. 001retep

All the images are verified. They're all okay.

5. Crashpilot

Crashpilot Registered Member

I never had speed problems with TI8, usually it takes less that 20 minutes to restore my 1st drive; 2 primary partitions C and D totaling about 60G.
    I restore from an external FireWire drive.

Crashpilot

6. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I edited your thread title to reflect the support issue at hand.

7. 001retep

Re: TI slow at restore

Thanks.
    I appreciate it.:D

8. Cintra

Cintra Registered Member

Hei 001retep

I experienced the same slowness using 'full' mode of the TI9 Rescue CD a few days after it was released.. about a month after advising support I received a Rescue CD iso to download that worked OK.

Just before that I found safe/dos mode also worked fast restoring from local disks..

I'm surprised the improved iso is not yet available via a new TI9 build so others may benefit!

Regards

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 001retep,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0, create new Bootable Rescue CD, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists? Inform me about the results.

Please also create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt file) as it is described in Acronis Help Post for both Acronis True Image 8.0 (937) and the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 (2302) Bootable Rescue discs. Rename these files to sysinfo_937.txt and sysinfo_2302.txt accordingly.

Please also do the following:

- Create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Launch Acronis Report Utility once again and select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;

- Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;

- Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;

- Collect the report file from the floppy;

- Rename the report created from under Windows to report_win.txt and report created using the bootabale floppy to report_diskette.txt.

Submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

10. 001retep

By the way, as a last resort I used BARTPE boot disc using the "special" TI8 plugin.

After booting into BartPE, the full system restore was FLAWLESS! It was super fast. The entire thing was restored in 25 minutes!

My guess is that there is something wrong with the linux code used to build bootable CD under WindowsXP.

Unfortunately my system does not have floppy drive.

I think it's pretty clear: Linux drivers are extremely slow.

11. cnlson

cnlson Registered Member

count me in. it was going to take 1 hr to restore a 15 gig partition w 8 gig free.

rebooted to a v8 cd and it took less then 5 minutes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.