TI Not Seeing 2nd Logical Drive: RAID 0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ePlanetDesign, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ePlanetDesign

ePlanetDesign Registered Member

Hi,

I'm trying out the trial version of TI and ran into a snag.

I have two Western Digital Raptor 150's set up as RAID 0 with a Promise TX4310 card. I have the array setup with two logical drives; not to be confused with partitions as I set these logical drives up in the Promise FastBuild Bios. These drives are C: and D:.

The problem is that when booting from a "bootable rescue media" TI does not see the second logical drive. It sees the first drive (C:) just fine. I also have a RAID 1 array and a USB external drive and TI sees those just fine.

I have tried TI Workstation and TI Home; same issue with both.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I'm ready to purchase this thing if I can get this resolved.

Thanks

James
    ePlanet Design

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello James,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

As far as I can see, you have already submitted a request for technical support and our support engineer Marian Fadeeva is already working on your issue. To be more precise, the issue with RAID 0 array build on Promise TX4310 controller being not recognized properly in Linux-based Acronis Rescue Environment has been passed to our Development Team and is being invetingated at the moment. Marian will inform you about the results of the investigation as soon as it will be finished.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. Grobie

Grobie Registered Member

Hello,

I have the same problem with the TX4310 and 4x Samsung SP250 S-ATA2 HD´s on Raid 5.
    I know, that Promise made drivers for this controller to use it under Linux - can I bind this drivers to the rescue bootmedium?
    I hope you solve this problem, cause I can´t boot my computer from the rescue CD. So I can´t use the Acronis-software! :mad:

THX Martin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.