TI from bootable CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by michels, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michels

michels Registered Member

Using latest TI9
    Is there any difference when creating an image (to secure zone in external HD) from a bootable CD or from the standard WinXP Pro windows
    Michels

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Michels,

No difference in the actual image. However, some users feel there is less chance of interference from other Windows programs if the image is created after booting into the Linux based rescue environment.

Regards

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello michels,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I would also like to add that it is not recommended to create Acronis Secure Zone on a detachable drive. If you activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager and then for some reasons disconnect the drive Acronis Secure Zone resides on, your computer may boot with a long delay or not boot at all. You will need to either reconnect the drive with the Acronis Secure Zone or fix the master boot record (MBR).

You can find more information on how to use Acronis Startup Recovery Manager in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. michels

I do not internd to use the Startup Recovery Manager as I am booting TI9 from a bootable CD.

If I have to use an external drive (for security reasons), does this imply that I am better of with a plain NTFS partition?

I am really puzzled

Michels

5. michels

I use Win; is it a typo or applies only to Linux ?

michels

6. draziw

draziw Guest

Not a typo - the rescue environment is running Linux.

7. michels

Then does it matter if the TI image is on a NTFS partition ?

8. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello again Michels,

No it doesn't matter. You can save an image of a FAT32 source drive/partition on a NTFS drive/partition and it will be restored as a FAT32 drive/partition. Conversely, you can store an image of a NTFS drive/partition on a FAT32 drive/partition and it will be restored as a NTFS drive/partition.

In other words, no matter where you store the image, it will always be restored in the same format as the source drive/partition it was created from.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.