TI file size

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Hari, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hari

Hari Registered Member

As a fairly new user, I have only made 4 images of my C:\ drive that has consistantly been around 28 GB. The first couple of times this resulted in files below 3 GB: the third time got me 3 files (2 of 4 GB and 1 about 2 GB).

For the first time I had to use the restore feature - it was on the 3 file image and it worked beautifully. In fact, I had to do it twice to ascertain and overcome a problem. I am very impressed.

Now the question: My last image resulted in a 5.92 GB file despite Fat32 4 GB limit and I am puzzled. I am using build 796 and always use Check Image for Errors as well as Explore Image and all seems to be well. I am also using the default settigs, i.e., I am not specifying image sizes.

Any clarification gratefully accepted.

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

> My last image resulted in a 5.92 GB ...

Eh? Where is that 5.92 GB image stored? On an FAT32 partition?? That would be ... impossible!

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hari,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

I agree with MiniMax's, it is impossible to create 5.92 Gb image on the FAT32 partition. Could you please check where the image is stored?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. Hari

Hari Registered Member

I can only offer my apologies to those who replied! I confused my partition drive size of 27.0 GB with the used size of 4.93 GB. The TI size is 2.65 GB and I am at a loss to explain how Windows Explorer showed me a TI of 5.92 GB which even I knew it couldn't be. Mea culpa!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.