ti Echo Workstation 8076 v's 8115

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kC_, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

hello has anybody upgraded their TI echo workstation from 8076 to 8115 and made a new Bootable media Cd?

just done this today, but now the 8115 says
    "statrting acronis loader" then gives me the option of safe mode/full mode & universal restore full/safe mode

if i select full mode, the cursor just blinks and nothing loads up (tested on approx 15 different pc configurations) - various hardware from old IDE configs, to new SATA configs, single core/dual core/quad cores..
    have tried removing the "quiet" with F11 command, but it doesnt log anything either.
    (Safe mode option works fine with 8115)

just redownloaded build 8076 and made a new CD, & is booting fine in full mode.

so whats the deal with 8115 not booting?.. have fired off a mail to acronis support. with a link to my iso, hopefully they can find the problem

2. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

have just installed my acronis products within a vmware xp pro clean instal, created .iso with media builder, burnt iso & all is fine, now 8115 boots from cd in full mode.

so must be something funky goin on on the pc where i have the Application installed..

oh well no major problem now, as long as i have a bootable cd that works

3. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

a bit more playin around and figured out that with ti echo 9.5 build8115, the only way it will work is if its on its own bootable cd..o_O

with build 8076 i can also have other applications on same bootable cd
    Ti echo 9.5 8076 & universal restore
    Disk director 10
    Disk cleaner 6

plz fix acronis

4. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

Hey KC_,

I created a boot disc with all of those apps on it (all latest builds) and it boots OK for me.

One question, are you testing your recovery disk in a virtual environment or burning a disk and booting from that? I have had some ISO's work in a virtual environment but not after burnt to a disc and vice versa?

5. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

burning to cd and trying on real machines.. the only reason i virtualized it, was to test installing the latest acronis with a fresh windows instal then making a bootable media with that..

still awaiting acronis support to email back*puppy*

6. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

4days after reporting & still nothing from acronis..i realise i dont have "preminum same day support" but sureley free support should be aiming for 48hours maximum!!

the last ticket i had with acronis took 2 weeks.. and i was guessing that was just a one off..
    makes me wonder why i bothered paying for it

7. RetupmocSoft

RetupmocSoft Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.