TI Echo Server WIN Build 8072 German?!?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Frico81, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frico81

Frico81 Registered Member

Hi.

After spending several hours (!) on the Acronis Partner Hotline last week, I was told that German Build 8072, which should have been released by last friday, should correct the "Tape Drive not found"- Errors we encountered on our customer's systems.

As I can see on the English homepage, this update has already been released for the english versions previously. All I found on the German homepage: The downloadable Trial versions are Build 8072, but the update has not been released yet?!?

I am trying hard to reach someone on Acronis Partner Hotline.. in fact I am trying since Monday, spending hours and hours listening to the !%&§! music and not getting anyone on the phone.

Could someone PLEASE tell me when German Build 8072 will be available? I need this one really bad, we got several customers who can NOT backup their systems due to the known tape drive error. I am running out of external usb hard drives by the way...

\\EDIT:

Is it possible to download a trial version with build 8072, and upgrade it to a full version with the customer's actual license key?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  2. Frico81

Additional questions:

Is it possible to use the english version of Build 8072 with german license keys?
    IS IT POSSIBLE THAT ACRONIS SUPPORT DOESN'T EVEN CARE ABOUT THIS?

3. Forellenblau

Forellenblau Registered Member

No, the german keys does not function with the english version.

I am using for years now only english versions of TI because of the delayed localization.

Forellenblau

4. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

Nope, they use a dedicated trial version that can not be converted to a full version.

5. Frico81

okay thanks..

so there is definitely no workaround for the customer's problem.
    I guess I'll give the hotline one more try, then. I'll be busy the next 2 hours ;)

6. Markus23

Markus23 Registered Member

Hi there ...

I'm also waiting for the new 8072 Build...
    One of our customr bought Echo Workstation, Echo Server Windows and Echo Server Linux licenses - but none of those Products is working right now..
    Several Problems with Echo Workstation, one issue with Echo Server Linux and all i can do is waiting for 8072 Build (which isn't coming for about a week ...)

Will also try the hotline again - happy waiting ;-)

7. Frico81

I'll post any efforts here... yup happy waiting :gack:

\\EDIT:

Got some news. The update has just passed some kind of quality control. It should be downloadable by tomorrow. However, the call center agent told me that this is not a definite statement, so it could take even longer. Because Acronis don't want to distribute a corrupt update, which could destroy the original installation... well... last week they told me that I'd have to uninstall the "older" build before installing build 8072..?!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  8. Markus23

Hmm,

i got a "strange" answer from the support - supposedly there will be no update of the normal server-products like Echo Server Windows, Echo Server Linux. Only the Enterprise Products will be updated ?!

Also support told me i can install newer builds over the older ones without deinstalling ?!

hmm, seems like some kind of delaying tactics to me :-(

9. Frico81

Hmm.

...denn sie wissen nicht was sie tun :D

I guess there is nothing more to do then waiting. I'm getting used to it..

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate software

Markus23, could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter?

I would like to clarify the situation regarding 'quality control' and 'installation without uninstalling the previous version'. The release of the build 8072 (for all full German versions) was delayed due to some issues with installation process, so our Development Team was fixing the issues. These fixes were included to the next build (so the statement that 8072 build is not going to be released for the full versions of German corporate products is partly correct) that was passing 'quality control' and this new build would be released very soon.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Levchenko

11. Markus23

Hi !

i got two Request#...

#1348485 deals with an Echo Workstation installation problem i got, the backup server component makes some trouble which should be fixed with Build 8072..

#1358823 deals with a strange Echo Server Linux problem, some task get stuck if it copys the last file in a directory. already tested snapapi26 0.7.30 , problem still exists. also tried english 8072 trial version , problem still exsists.

12. Frico81

Ahh,
    by the way:

Acronis #1362766

just in case I won't be informed when the update is available.

13. Markus23

Maybe we should all post our Case-IDs - the one with the most will get the new build 1 day sooner ;-)

btw. any news on the new german build ?

14. Frico81

:D

no, I haven't got any news by now..

15. Frico81

Good Morning Acronis Support..

any news about the update? seems a little too long for a simple (?) update to take 4 days for quality management purposes, doesnt't it?

remember: our AND your customers can NOT backup their systems... :thumbd:

16. Markus23

Good Morning Acronis Support, Good Morning Frico81, Good Morning Forum..

seems to be a really nice morning till now..
    but wait, there's something still missing to make this morning REALLY good:

The new Echo Server builds !

I agree with Frico81, it seems to be a really long time for QA ?!
    But maybe Acronis thinks those backup-stuff is completely overrated ? ;-(

Maybe the US support of Acronis can clarify the status of the new build ?

17. Frico81

@Acronis Support:

It takes approx. 15 minutes per customer to explain to them why their backup software still isn't working properly.

It takes YOU approx. 5 minutes (correct me if I'm wrong) to answer ONE SINGLE TIME in this thread. All I (we) want to know is the status of the update. Or at least a suggestion of what to tell the customers...

And please, do not direct me to the hotline, as they do NOT know the actual status.

Thanks.

18. Peskind

Peskind Registered Member

And what about changelog for this build?

We are just waiting for a solving of too big problems with True Image Server :(

19. Forellenblau

The changelog for the english versions:

2008-03-17 Build #8076:
    Fixed the issues with installing the new build over the previous builds.

2008-03-03 Build #8072:
    Integration with Acronis Recovery for MSSQL Server. You can place backups from Acronis Recovery MSSQL Server to Acronis True Image Echo Backup Server.
    Ability to change the SID when restoring an image.
    Support of Windows 2008 Server and Vista SP1.
    XenSource virtual machine support and ability to convert tib files to XenSource Virtual machines.
    Several bugs have also been fixed in this update:
    Fixed restore of full path of a file backup.
    Fixed low performance of Acronis Backup Server during enumerating computers profiles.
    Fixed work of Acronis Group Server in bad networks.
    Added password protection form if scheduling incremental and differential backup.
    Added auto-retry option for restore.
    Fixed adding users from domain for huge domains.
    Fixed remote installation in Domain environment.
    Fixed incremental image restore from a tape.
    Fixed too many log messages in Acronis Group Server.
    Fixed restore from multiple CD/DVD discs.

Forellenblau

20. Markus23

The BIG Question is:

Why are there new engl. builds available again and again, but the german versions are missing all the time ...?

Just think be myself that i'm using the wrong version - should i turn to the english version...?

21. Forellenblau

I do that for years now, because i know that the german versions are published with delay...

Deutsch:
    Ich kaufe seit Jahren keine deutschen Versionen mehr. Auch diese leidige Lizenzsserver-Geschichte in den deutschen Versionen gingen mir sehr auf die Nerven - die englische Version hat diesen Mist nämlich nicht... Weiß auch nicht, wieso Acronis die deutschen User so gängelt!

Forellenblau

22. Markus23

You've gotta be kidding ?!

So the german versions of Echo Enterprise / Echo Workstation use this License Manager thing, the english/us versions won't ?

Not to mention the delays in the german versions :-(

I think I have to talk to my Acronis Rep...

Deutsch:
    Kann man denn legal in Deutschland auch die engl. Version erwerben, inkl. entsprechend "Support" (soweit vorhanden ;-) ) ?

23. Peskind

Peskind Registered Member

Vielen Dank, Forellenblau :)

Our problem (snapshot volume creation error) is not in the list. We have build 8008 at the moment...

24. Frico81

I always thought the english version was exactly the same as the german one.. except the localization..?

Where is Acronis support, by the way? This is so ridiculous... Even the hotline seems to be dead.

25. Frico81

Good Morning everyone.

Anybody got news on the german updates so far?

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.