TI-91, still corrupt broken backups and restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kknostman, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Not sure what you're talking about here. TI Workstation or server can be set to auto-verify each backup and email or message you the results.

2. donb1948

donb1948 Registered Member

Back in January, I also ran into the "corrupt image" problem during a restore. Unluckily, I had to reformat the drive and re-install all of my programs. Luckily, I was able to recover all of my data files by using TI to recover individual files. Since this fiasco, I've have run TI with the "verify archive" (or something like that) option enabled with the hope that I'd avoid the "corrupt image" in the future. Is this a false hope? Have folks gotten the "corrupt image" error during restore even after the backup operation "validated" the integrity of the archive? Thanks. -- Don

3. djxtreme

djxtreme Registered Member

Coult this be why I have wasted 3 days attempting to restore an image? The TI9-WS Universal Restore freezes with 2 hours remaining. I verified the image after creating it, so what the heck is making it freeze (both times I tried at the exact same place)?

Note, with TI8 I successfully restored images without any problem. But with this version it took me 3x CDs to successfully create a boot CD. Then I found the version I burned (purchased the end of March) was already out of date because bugs had been fixed (note I learned the hard way - tried to use the buggy version).

Then 2 more CDs later (5 total) I finally created a success boot CD. Note that I am positive beyond any doubt whatsoever that my DVD/CD burner is working perfectly.

But there MUST be something wrong, because I know for a fact the drivers are all correct, and the image is good (or did test good).

WHAT AM I DOING WRONGo_O

4. smlindahl

smlindahl Registered Member

All,

After reading this thread and spending the last three days with the exact problems described here, I'm asking for a refund. I hope that there are people out there that have success restoring images with TI.<snip>

The reason I bought TI were the excellent reviews and ability to do differential backups instead of images thus saving disk space and time.

I have yet to restore a clean image with TI. I kept waiting for "the build" that would fix the problem but now it's too late (failed raid drive).

If you want to have some more fun use the new "MBR" restore feature. It actually broke my arrayo_O?

So off I go to reinstall. What a waste of time and money!:thumbd:

Steve

edited to remove software plug - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2006
  5. djxtreme

djxtreme Registered Member

I just created a brand new image just in case the prior one was not perfect (even though it was verified).

I am creating it on a new 80GB drive with the hopes of installing this drive as IDE1-primary (hard drive to be imaged onto will be IDE0-primary).

Presently it is verifying the new image...but this has already taken ALL DAY and it still has 2 hours remaining just to verify.

So this is ANOTHER DAY WASTER (4 days now).

Tomorrow I will place the new verified image into the new computer, boot from the CD (latest version of TI9-WS with U.R.) and try to restore the image, pointing to the CD drive for the drivers that I already know are the correct ones.

If it fails again, then I will likely have a difficult time keeping my calm. I'm not a happy camper :mad:

6. Cat-21

Cat-21 Registered Member

First off I am sorry to see smlindahl and djxtreme having these same issues as myself. All I can suggest to you and all who have this issue is:

1. Have a secondary "go-to" imaging product that works come hell or high water during this testing phase and create a full image with this product before installing TI 9 so in the event of a catastrophic crash, you'll be safe.

Luckily I had that product and restored myself back to normal anyway despite Acronis TI 9, no harm done other than the wasted time testing. In smlindahl's case I would try this and wait for the next release or get your refund.

I've said it a thousand times and am tired already. Too many users have this issue, the writings on the wall, if you guys at Acronis are wondering what to do next, FIX THIS PROBLEM!!! Every other issue you guys were planning to fix should go on the back burner right now and this corrupt image issue should be top priority. You recently released version 3567. Without the fix for this problem, it was a basically meaningless update. I am running out of ways to spell it out for you guys, but it looks like I have to do this because Acronis obviously doesn't get it!!!!!!!!

7. csos

csos Registered Member

:oops:

WOW, and i felt bad for not being able to test it..
    What a broad occurance, I myself and independantly a collegue have the same issues mentioned here.

As for myself, Image double the size unrestorable.
    Latest build tried to restore an image from a brandnew Dell bia USB, NOT VALID o_O
    Tried to get to the networked Image and cannot logon despite full admin access o_O
    The version that was released prio\ to April 10 is still being sold as of 4 days ago via Digital River "another problem"
    That version has to be pulled immediatly, especially since Acronis has NOT send out notice that there are problems and we just went ahead and imaged with useless backups now and 8 TI images are not recognized as valid.
    I know,i type funny but point is...9.1 is not ready for prime time.
    Channel sales is informedof all this, hopefully it is being taken serious cause Acronis deserves better than this, their products usually are TOP NOTCH.

8. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

For jeremyotten:

Hey, you beta tested this thing. Didn't you notice (with all the computers at your sites) that it cannot restore because all it's images are corrupt? LOL (Me either, to this day it's rock solid! In fact, the first release was so bullet proof that I've been afraid to do the upgrade. Luckily, we only have Dells, Gateways, IBMs and white box so we somehow avoided avoided all the brands that don't work.)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
  9. tylerjson

tylerjson Registered Member

So I guess a computer with no ps2 ports for keyboard and mouse are screwed?

10. pdigiacinto

pdigiacinto Registered Member

I can ad myself to the list as well. I have not been able to restore an image either; all of them are corrupt when running the restore. I had even verified every image upon completion. Iam running the Acronis True Image Server for Windows. I hope they can try to resove this issue soon. And, I still cannot get the "bootable" cd to browse the network. So, how can one do a restore? According to the latest posts, I have not seen a fix for this "borwse the network" issue in the latest 9.1 release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.