TI 9 upgrade

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mildewman, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mildewman

mildewman Guest

I got the free upgrade to TI 9.0 since I purchased TI 8.o on Sep 17th...

First, if I download the latest update file, build 2259, is that a fully installable file? The web dwnlad page has the update, but also has a choice for Download Installation File. Do I need the installation file? I thought the update file was a full version - judging by the size I'd think it was... Any input?

And... I am quite content with 8.0 for now -seems to do whatI bought it for. Should I wait to upgrade (some of the new features sound useful) until some of the problems ssettle down? Or are the problems overstated as this is a place where people come for answers?

2. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Very good questions, mildewman. I was considering upgrading myself from 8.0.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Personally, I'm waiting until the dust (nuclear cloud?!) settles before upgrading from TI 8 to TI 9. When the time comes I will create a complete disk image of my existing system (that contains TI :cool: and retain my (known good) bootable rescue CD. Only then will I upgrade to v9, create a new rescue CD from it and carry out thorough testing. If I'm not happy with its functionality then I will either try to resolve it through support@acronis.com or else revert back to the previous version and wait for a later build.

As ever with True Image, the only way to really find out whether a particular version or build will work with your own speciific hardware/software is to install it and suck it and see.

Regards

4. prandy

prandy Registered Member

I did not wait and went ahead with TI 9. Wish I had not done so. The folders and file area is all messed up and unusable in my opinion. If you do not need that I would stick with what you have if it meets your needs. Let the dust settle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.