TI 9 for dummies?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bobsen, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobsen

Bobsen Registered Member

Hi all,
    Is it possible to create a guide for 'Dummies'? I am a newbie and have always used Norton Ghost before. After trying to use the latest version of Ghost, I gave up (just not worth the effort to troubleshoot for days on end).
    I had heard some great thinngs about TI and decided to give it a go.....
    Guess what, even more problems than Ghost!
    All I really want to do is burn a backup of my C drive(and my other drives as well) to some DVD+RW's. I have now ended up burning the backup jobs to another drive and will burn them via drop and drag (Nero), but why is it hot possible to do it direct?
    I have searched the forums and tried everything (new INCD tool, formating UDF style, etc) but nothing works.
    My first error is W000040011 insert the media marked “Volume 1”, when I hit retry nothing happens. Clicking cancel results in getting the next screen (the correct one) with the proceed button!
    Then I either get an error message 'Disk is full', with the poor media thing (I am using Verbatim DVD+RW, so thats BS) and/or the 'error writing to the file'.
    This disks have been formated according via Nero INCD and are EMPTY!
    I am more than a little frustrated and am hoping some wise soul can help out.
    My system specs are:
    Win XP Pro SP2 (all the updates) system restore turned off for all drives
    P4 3.0
    1 Gig ram
    Asus P4C800 MB (bios 1016)
    2 Maxtor SATA hard disks Promise 2+0 stripe
    TI 9 build 2302 (latest)
    Thanks in advance,
    Bobsen

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

That's one of the weak points of TI - trying to write directly to a DVD. It works for some and not for others. Save your sanity - continue to write the image to the hd first then burn it to dvd. I wouldn't even recommend the drag and drop method where you have to first prepare the media for packet writing. Just use Nero to burn standard data files to the dvd - it will treat your .tib files as such.

3. Bobsen

Bobsen Registered Member

Thanks for the feedback, I was hoping there was one of those 'just click on the red button' solutions but who knows maybe in the next build.....
    Regards,
    Bobsen

4. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Sorry ... no "Easy Button" here ... this is not Staples, LOL! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.